1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hello there, racists!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Experience and maturity. Once they're in an environment where they have to interact with others, they see things aren't what they believed.

Ignorance and xenophobia lead to racism. Exposure and enlightenment to other cultures erases our misconceptions of one another.

The creator of the new blog is an idiot. He's trying to ruin these people's lives when the majority is overwhelmingly ignorant kids.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Seems that they are only after white southern redneck jackasses.

3. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Now I'm curious if the only reason you found this site was because you are on it.

4. DimeDropper

DimeDropper Member

seems you can't read. there is quite a diverse group on there.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't know if adeelsiddiqui and Kwame are on it.

6. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO ok...

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

And How many lives do they get to ruin on their path to enlightenment?

I'd rather they be the victims of their own ignorance. . . . than continue to allow them to inflict it on others unchecked.

Rocket River

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

And this is why I am done with the Republican party. Not all republicans are racist, but almost all racists are republican. (You like that play on the Muslim comment the right loves to make?)

What the republican party needs to realize, the ignorant white vote isn't strong enough to carry them to the white house. They need to distance themselves from these people. They need to come out and say that they want nothing to do with these biggots. Look at McCain when a woman called Obama a muslim and an arab. He didn't dodge the statement, he defended Obama. The republican party can be a classy party. They have a lot of great ideas, but racism/hatred, completely undermining Obama, and trickle down economics are not some of their better ideas. It's time for the party to innovate and move forward.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because being discriminated against would mean another group is in power. The group that's in power in the United States are white males. Those are the ones with the power to discriminate.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I understand where you are coming from, but it is not that simple.... there are particular programs, policies where whites are minorities and are treated as such. I am not crying pity white people.... to me it is more about finances than anything else, but seldom is anything black and white, usually grey rules the day.

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Quannel X is a republican?

It's hilarious to me that you don't see the blatant racism that exists in some blacks in the US

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

At least they have a reason to hate... and its called history. What reason would a white man hate black people other than thinking they are inferior?

2 people like this.
  13. Pizza_Da_Hut

As a person who is classified as white (even though my parents are from Iran) I agree with this statement a bit (at least on an academic level). Do you know how much easier it is to get a graduate fellowship if you are not a white male? It's sad. I cannot apply for minority scholarships/underrepresented race fellowships because I am supposedly a white male. If you compared my experience and grades to the minorities who apply I would have a fighting chance for said fellowships. By moving into the white male pool my chances plummet. The system at hand should be based on merit and not a flawed system of race. How many 1st generation Persians do you know in graduate chemistry, supposedly we are a well represented minority.

The overall intention of these programs is to even out the playing field, but when they selectively do this with a poor definition of race how is it actually supposed to work? All systems like this do is perpetuate the notion that whites still overpopulate colleges and have better access to programs that can help them when this is not always the case. If your parents came here from Iran, Iraq, or Afghanistan you are supposedly at the same level as a white American who has had family here for over 200 years. However, if your parents are from India, China or Japan you are a minority and deserve help. The system at hand is flawed and is not really doing its job. Change it over to a system of merit and maybe then we will be able to actually see passed race. I think it's more racist to say a person who is supposedly white has better access universally to said programs over minorities. That maybe the overall trend, but it is not always the truth. The problem is white males are used as martyrs for a flawed system to begin with. Then, at the end of the day you have to ask yourself did anything we did actually level out the playing field, or did it just perpetuate a long lived stereotype?

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

That's why I said almost all. Timothy McVeigh was a muslim? It goes both ways bud.

15. redlawn

redlawn Member

If Quannel X makes threats to men of other races, wherein it is not an act of self-defense, like these boys calling the KKK to act on the White House, then yes he is a racist.

Let's look at another well-known, possibly similar, individual: Malcolm X

Malcolm X called white people "the devil" and blamed them for much of black people's social condition. He was so fed up with it that he gave up his last name because he felt it was a symbol of oppression since it was a name that slaveholders gave his forefathers.

Do people call Malcolm X a racist for calling white people the devil? Sure, some do. But others also realize the KKK killed his father and uncle at a young age, he grew up fatherless, and this is why he calls them so.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The problem is . .. . when we do things supposedly by merit . . . it strangely ends up always being very anti-minorities. . .

kind of accidently on purpose

Rocket River

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Well then the system either way is flawed. I'm not saying I have an answer, I'm just saying either we get racism or reverse racism. I would expect that with so many intelligent people in this nation from diverse backgrounds we could come up with something a bit better than what we have. I doubt I'll see this in my lifetime.

18. redlawn

redlawn Member

I think it's easy to talk about merit, but when we consider the generations of nepotism that limited access to higher education to minorities, these programs are intended to smooth out the inequalities of generations past.

Oddly enough, when it comes to education, typically it is the Asians are that are most adversely affected by such affirmative action programs, not Whites.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are right, it was an over simplification. I would only say that the instances where whites aren't in power and discrimination occurs are so miniscule that there isn't that much significance to it.

It's not okay, and not right, though.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

This statement is partly true. If you are an Asian in Asia then the answer is most definitely a yes. At the University of Arizona the graduate department gets typically 1,000-1,500 foreign applications from Asians (and about the same number of Indian applicants). They treat this as its own pool. The University then gets approximately 200-500 domestic applications. This is also it's own pool as well. So, if you are an Asian who went to a domestic school you are upgraded to a smaller pool, ie a better chance of getting in. From each pool they take only 15-20 students. However, its not like they ignore race when you apply into the domestic pool. Race can be a factor especially when considering can this student thrive here and possibly get a fellowship. If you get a fellowship the University does not pay your salary, the government does. So, in looking at domestic Asians they have same access to a lot of programs other domestic students do (ie they go to stronger more research oriented schools) and they are also able to get access to other fellowships as well. These fellowships are designed to even out a supposed deficit in the playing field. The system is rather broken.