1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hello there, racists!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

This made me laugh!

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Are you comparing welfare assistance to racism? Why do you say people WE think are bad, do you not think these people are saying shameful things?

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I disagree with the premise that a person's actions, ambitions or self-interest are fully defined by their racial philosophies. No reason to believe a racial separatist is any less capable or desirous of being outwardly productive, successful, compassionate, and lawful than other individuals; especially if they're in a sufficiently homogeneous environment, or one with enough laws, norms or ancillary economic or social incentives to diminish whatever emotional return they get on exerting racially insensitive behavior. I guess being the only "one" in almost all of my K-12 classes and work environments and mostly eluding any genuine slurs or material mistreatment, I either assume that people are tolerant enough for these outliers to not be worth hassling, or that most people know how to compartmentalize.

4. Raven

Raven Member

Will the site include racist comments made against Whites?

5. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

No such thing. The oppressor cannot suddenly become the oppressed!

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's the difference between discrimination and racism. In the U.S. wites can't really be discriminated against, but there can be racism against whites.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Only an idiot would believe such nonsense.

8. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

AroundTheWorld, where are you featured on the site?

1 person likes this.
  9. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Racism ended in 1954.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I agree with this. No discrimination when it comes to racism. Everyone must be ridiculed equally.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Statutorily probably not outside a small number of minority-saturated communities and institutionally less so, but it's perfectly doable at an individual bureaucratic level. I kind of think that's a sufficient distinction because with a lot less of the stuff written into laws it's little more accurately measured and identified on an anecdotal or case-by-case basis. The white would probably suffer from some other demographic disadvantage like poverty, age or gender to not be inclined or able to retaliate.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

13. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Nvm......

#33 Nice Rollin, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The premise isn't bad but where I draw the line is by shaming these high school kids/minors. They haven't had much socialization outside of their homogeneous schools, and they're only kids. We all know the problem with cyber bullying these days, too. Leave them out of it.

Now if they're adults, fair game.

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Maybe if they are still young, this will teach them a lesson and they might actually learn and change. Less hope with adults.

16. Raven

Raven Member

Let me add that I'm against vigilantism. It never ends well no matter what the intentions are.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

No is he was in the Marine Corps. He has to have a little racism in him:grin: JD88 you know its true.

1 person likes this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well who is going to get them out of their shell. Not their parents. They are probably even more racist and once they move to a different environment there in for a world of hurt.

19. redlawn

redlawn Member

Fixed.

1 person likes this.
  20. redlawn

redlawn Member

Pretty amazed that you'd be defending these guys. Got skeletons in your closet?