1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat sign Mike Miller 5 year/ 30 mil

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Well played.

2. eman

eman Contributing Member

Redick's 3-pt % was .405 regular season and .429 playoffs last year.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If healthy, James Jones would be a great fit for them.

Haslem is a goner. He's got a good payday coming his way from another team.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I think alot of people felt the same about the Celtics that won 66 games in 2008 when they signed to form the big 3. Rondo was unknown back then but it worked out. I'm sure they will find the right role players to fit in, I'm not advocating this team or becoming a fan but Pat Riley been around long enough to know he can't do it without role players so i'm sure he has the right pecies in mind for this to work. It's going to be scary, teams like the buck, pacers might as well save their energy and forfiet those games against the heat lol.

5. mattlivin05

mattlivin05 Member

I just don't see how this can happen

Miami doesn't even have the miles this year

Even if they trade Beasley they still have 7 roster spots to fill

In 5 years I believe this team will have huge financial problems

They might be the new Knicks

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In 5 years they will have added 5 full MLE players, a 1st round Wolves pick, several savvy and hungry veterans and their best players will only be like 30.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ap5Sw3xsZhU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ap5Sw3xsZhU&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Time to tank lol.

9. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I think this is actually sad for the NBA. Its kind of a turn off that there is this All star NBA team. But what can you do when there is no greed involved and those players just want to win... :(

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It may be sad but the NBA just jumped over MLB in ratings for sure.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

People love dynasties and the villan. Thats why the lakers move the ratings bar and the yankees and cowboys do the same. The ordinary viewers are intrigued by this and rivalries are great for tv and viewership.

12. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

Yep. I believe the commentators said it last night: you may despise them, but you'll want to watch them, if only because you are hoping to see them fail. You'll circle your team's games against them on the calendar.

13. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a $500K cap hold for each roster spot they don't have filled up to 12. So while they may have the money to sign him, that extra $4-5M you have there does not exist. You can go over the cap to fill out your roster, but only if they sign for the minimum.

14. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

IMHO, the one who is illiterate in the English language is the one who cannot even tell the difference between 'than' and 'then', and also 'accept' and 'except'. And the one is you, Spiegel.

So, what is your first language, Spiegel?

15. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Ouch that was funny! :grin:

The Heat may invent the first sports monopoly just give them Chris Paul and why play the game just hand them the NBA trophy every year.

Will the NBA survive if all the stars are on a hand full of teams - will you buy a ticket to see them come to your city and destroy the home team 128 to 57. So far it looks like the Rockets are not in the all star team sweepstakes.

16. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Wow, do they have enough cap space ..??

17. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Rich getting Richer