1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heat sign Mike Miller 5 year/ 30 mil

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Rafer screwed up by bailing on the team at the end of last year

the PGs he beat out for the starting gig 3 seasons ago, other than Brooks, Mike James/Francis/John Lucas III and hell even Bob freaking Sura have a better shot to sign with the Heat

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

shaq, big z, t-mac, arroyo,......

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Big Z will probably retire a Cav

SheMac has very little left in her, even if she does, she demands the ball because she is a diva and that is the last thing Miami needs

Arroyo... hmmm... You may have me there, but I don't think the money will be right.

Shaq made some nasty comments about Riley, I'm not sure if Pat will be so quick to forgive. Plus Shaq wants the paper paper. I think Shaq will retire in San Antonio because its his home.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

True, but you still have to have a bench, as they're not gonna play 48 minutes a game. And if one or two go down to an injury, you have to have back ups. I'll wait to see how this plays out, but that 63 win simulation ESPN had made me laugh.

5. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

I think we'll see Brad Miller and Kurt Thomas sign next...

6. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

its possible z would sign with miami. lbj's been vouching for z all this time. i think big z would return the favor and help lebron.

another former cavalier in joe smith might consider playing alongside james again.

chris mihm,magloire and dj mbenga are free agents as well. i doubt theyd get anything more than the vet min elsewhere.

so a lot of bigs out there.

as for other free agents to fill up the roster, click here

the mike miller signing is pretty big. he's still a great shooter, plays every night and can play the 2 and 3. so anytime you sit wade or lebron, you can put out a shooter on the floor.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Miller is out of their price range...

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the team will struggle for the first 2 months or so b/c they're learning to play with one another (the big 3 already played with one another in the olympics, but this is more for the lack of role players).

so they're not going to win 63 games. that's a terrible guess.

but tey're going to be a top 4 team when the playoffs start. and they might not win a championship next year b/c of the lack of role players (***role players are VERY VERY IMPORTANT***)

but i expect them to win starting 2 years from now and winning 3-4 in a row.

9. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

So is Wade playing point??

Wade
    Miller
    LeBron
    Bosh
    ???/Pittman

10. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

Their got 5 years to win the finals, they are all young and will only get better. Pat Riley will build this team to compete for a long time.

11. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You are Illiterate when it comes to the English Language

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Normally I am a stickler for grammar and I uphold the tenants of the English language. It is late at night and in an attempt to battle insomnia I am lurking the clutchfans forums so please excuse my lax grammar. With that said, I still stand by my post. None of the listed free agents will help that Heat team overcome the deficit they have.

13. bloop

bloop Member

Lebron is PG. Just like Magic. This was one of Riley's selling points to Lebron

Who Miami is going for is already worked out. Miller and Lebron are good friends and former teammates and it's been reported that all 3 of the big guys (Bosh, Lebron, Wade) have a wish list and have been cultivating other players not just each other to Miami. Miller is just the beginning.

it's like the scene at the end of Godfather when Michael pulls off the master plan laid out for years. Riley is not ****ing around.

it's over. freaking Miami is going to win and win a metric ton.

14. MaliciousMonkey

MLE's are distributed to teams without cap space before the offseason begins.

We all know MIA had cap space.

15. daeyeth

daeyeth Member

63 wins is a very feasible number considering LBJ + Delonte & Mo got to 66....now LBJ + Wade & Bosh? C'mon now.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Just something to throw out there and I may be completely wrong. But is Miami banking on going way over the cap by giving Bosh, Lebron, and Miller money just to sign Wade on his BIRD RIGHTS. Is that what is happening here?

17. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Wade / House / Quinn
    Miller / Head
    LeBron / McGrady
    Bosh / J-Ho / Cook
    Shaw / Haslem

This team is loaded.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

It's not confirmed. There is nothing on the major sports sites. He is still unsigned.

19. lok2012

lok2012 Member

cHeat

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Miller might not even be their only good shooter.

Word has it that Miami had a wink-wink deal with James Jones when they bought him out that, in exchange for taking a little less on his buyout to open more cap room for the Big Three, they'd re-sign him to the minimum on top of the buyout they're paying him.

There's your second three-point shooter.

Also, I'm sure that Miami can find some other veterans to come in for the minimum. According to ESPN, they're going after Heat alumni Jason Williams, Keyon Dooling and Mike James. I think Juwan Howard (coming off a really good year for Portland) could probably be had. If Udonis Haslem somehow agrees to come back for the minimum, he might be the most beloved player in the Heat organization.