1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Heart of a Champion...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudyball, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

will have a great year in Toronto. That is what I liked the most about Hakeem, in that He was always able to improve his game, make his teammates better than if they were playing with someone else, and motivates by example. He will take that with him, including all his playoff experience, and we will desire that WHEN we make the playoffs this year.

I predict he will play the first third of the season to develop some chemistry with the dinos, take a rest sometime during the 2nd third, and then gear up for the remainder of the season at some point determined by their record. They will go far in the playoffs, but I think they will fall short of the finals.

I became a bbfan during the PhiSlammaJama years and continued with (H)Akeem onto the Rockets. I have seen him do some awesome things on the court, but it is time to move.

I think I enjoy the Rox as much for what Rudy/CD have done than what Hakeem has done for them. Before Rudy took over there was that stretch from 88 - 90 that was trying for a rockets fan. When Rudy took over w/ CD beside him they immediately looked/played like a better team.

Rudyball (not me) is a system, and I believe in it. If they can place the right people in it, then we will be very successful. Even though Hakeem is left, we still have Rudy and CD who have plenty of playoff experience.