1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[haynes] Ariza might join warriors at discount

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 7, 2018.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think this is just a ploy from Ariza's agent to try to get more money out of the Rockets. I don't see him leaving Houston at all but they were probably already told a number and I think Ariza (or his agent) probably wants some more and they know the Rockets can sign him for more if they wanted to.

This is just like what happened with Iguodala last season. He leveraged the Rockets to get a larger deal from Golden State and ultimately it was clear that he wasn't going anywhere at all, he just wanted some more money.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The most Ariza could get from the Warriors is the tax payer's MLE. I'm sure we offer him more than that to stay.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Probably a leak from Ariza's agent, but I swear to God...Ariza instantly becomes a Top 5 hated Rocket if he does that

Nelly likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Will. Never. Happen. The guy has too much pride for this sort of BS. Well respected throughout the league.

These haynes have skid marks on 'em

steddinotayto likes this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Let's just send all average to good role players from each NBA team to the Warriors.

Besides, it's not like they don't have enough help to get themselves over the hump.

Hey everyone, Meek Mill is free again! Lebronski, get your ass over to Philadelphia so Kobe and Will Smith can start rooting for you.

Oh and f*** Houston! They can rot down there with their overvalued MVP and injury prone maxed out Point God. Those guys will never win anything anyway!

#105 FLASH21, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree with you and J.R., Will. I just don't buy it. We might end up having a difficult time being able to keep Trevor, depending on what Morey ends up doing - we'll have to wait and see, but I think the ESPN story, like so much of their stuff, is pure BS.

7. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

How in the hell can the Worriers afford to sign anyone, let alone Ariza.

8. Mr. Turbo

Mr. Turbo Member

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Also, remember when Ron Artest left us for LA.

This would be a similar move and we thought he was as real as it got at the time.

I wouldn't dismiss it as easily as you guys have/are.

Nelly likes this.
  10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

Isn’t it weird how Haynes is GS reporter and he has 2 pretty negative reports about the Rockets who took the Warriors to the brink of elimination before CP got injured. Just sounds fishy especially whenno one else is reporting it.

HTM likes this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

We let Ron leave because of the situation with Yao, we knew we would be rebuilding and let him go and try to win a title.

13. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Warriors owners are the worst about leaking rumors to the media.

14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bye bye. Need to upgrade that wing spot anyway

15. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

1. Would Ariza get any minutes on the Warriors? They've got Durant, Iguodala, and Nick Young at the SF spot, with Klay Thompson and Shaun Livingston able to slide over when they play small.

2. Rockets are going to have to shuffle some things in the offseason. And, there are 2 big-name free agents out there who play Ariza's position. Ariza might find himself without a chair in Houston when the music stops, so it makes sense for him to explore other options. If he wants to contend again next season and he can't do it in Houston, Golden State seems like the surest bet.

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In GSW, Ariza would have to 1) take a paycut for the taxpayer MLE at 5M. and 2) have his role reduced to 8th man behind Iggy/Livingston.

On the Rockets Ariza could get a pay increase and have a starting or 6th man role. Plus he is already entrenched with CP/Harden.

GSW probably would have a better shot at trying to get Luc Mbah a Moute.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

stupiest ish i have read on clutchfans in a very long time.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

imagining ariza laughing his ass off at this

Deckard likes this.
  19. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Again, this is the same guy who said LeBron isn't interested in HOU. He is just attention whoring because that is what media people do. The off season is going to be flooded with chumps like this guy trying to start rumors but actually have no more inside information than you or I.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member