1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[haynes] Ariza might join warriors at discount

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 7, 2018.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Ariza's defense and rotation on Durant and Thompson in game 4 and 5 gave the Warriors a lot of problems. Not surprising the Warriors looked at the tapes and decided to remove a thorn from their path next year by stealing him away from the Rockets.

Mazulis likes this.
  2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

i can definitely respect ariza tryna use leverage to get paid more. business is business.

I won't hold anything against him unless he actually signs with that evil team. I don't think he's like that though. he's already won a ring, is on a contender, and loves living in the city of houston over the bay area for sure.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I can imagine him signing with the Warriors. But I can't imagine him signing with the Warriors AT A DISCOUNT. Not like he needs to prove himself to be a winner or some stuff like that. I'm more concerned some mediocre team offers him a ton of money to be their "locker room guy" more than anything else.

amaru likes this.
  4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

but the only way he could possibly sign w/ GS would be at a discount and their media relations department knows this, hence the wording of chris haynes' ass-ertion

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’ll say this. If Ariza would actually take less to leave it’s because either he doesn’t want to play with Harden or Paul and I’m gonna guess he’s tired of covering up defensively for Harden.

If this is true.

I’m thinking this is a ploy from ariza’s agent to get the Rockets to jump on giving him an offer first.

He knows if we get Lebron he’s gonna have to take a pay cut.

6. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

This is the guy that "accidentally" left Harden off his 2015 MVP ballot.

Cash Cam, BigMaloe, Mazulis and 2 others like this.
  7. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

I think Ariza would be a valuable bench player but anyone thinking he’s the answer at SF has to be kidding themselves. The guy gives it 100% effort on the court, that’s great for the team, but his shooting in the playoffs was horrible. He’s 33 and only getting slower defensively. Just look at all the blown layups and shooting percentage when he gets tired in the second half of games. It’s not good. Also, he doesn’t have the skill set to get his own shot or a quick enough release to make this offense REALLY good. If we had someone in the mold of Clay Thompson, say Reddick or Ellington, this team could take it to another level. As for Ariza, if he doesn’t want to play for less and come off the bench then let him walk. There are plenty of SF’s out there that could replace him.

8. macan

macan Member

dam if ariza goes to worriers, they will know all our game plans....

9. riko

riko Member

Sadly ariza days as a starter are done and I suspect the Rockets probaly told him as much

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

some good points, but not really relevant to the thread topic. whether we want/need ariza, the notion that he's going to join GS at a discount is just stupid beyond belief.

11. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

This idiot hayness dude is trying to generate more views and no Ariza won’t join the warriors in a discount because the only thing warriors can offer is the MLE which the rockets can offer that, plus Ariza does have a ring and he wants to beat them so I’m sure the only discount he’s giving to is the rockets not the warriors.

12. basketballholic

More Haynes!!!!!!!!

@Clutch

We really shouldn't allow threads to go regarding stuff Haynes is saying at this time. He's basically the Avenatti fior the Warriors Stormy p*rn circus. He's just a Warriors advocate spreading bs. He has no credibility at this time.

We already know that we can sign LeBron outright if he wants to come here. We already know cp3 wants him. And that means cp3 is willing tidy take a hit to get him here.

No more Haynes threads please. He's reading these thread getting his jollies laughing at the consternation he's bringing here. Shut all the Haynes threads down please.

Cash Cam, Hard_foul and pippendagimp like this.
  13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

ive long said ariza is one of the most overrated players on this team. he is not good offensively, just a mediocre shooter, and he doesn't lock anyone down. he is too skinny to be a truly great defender. i dont care if he leaves if the rockets can upgrade the SF position.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

yes but what does Max Kellerman say about Haynes? :cool:

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  15. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Not just Ariza, a lot of shooters want to be Golden State to get rings. Remember Jamal Crawford? Last year, he has a choice of going to Golden State, but chose not to and Nick Young did and now he's a Champion.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

unless lebron and or pg13 are on the roster, ariza is starting on this team no question

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

good thing you're not involved in any roster moves

Mazulis likes this.
  18. riko

riko Member

I think he knows the Rockets are actively now looking for an upgrade at the SF position so he sees the writing on the wall

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

i dont see it that way at all. people love to let there minds just wander around here

20. riko

riko Member

Ariza is the Rockets backcourt plan and he is now looking at all his options .