1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[haynes] Ariza might join warriors at discount

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Cant beat them join them.
    I dont even blame him

2. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Um hes friends with Chris Paul and he has a ring. He doesnt have to chase one. These stories are bulls&^t. He knows nothing. If ariza leaves it will be for a substantial raise. Not to get an easy ring which he could actually equally get with houston lmao.

lw17, JoeBarelyCares and HP3 like this.
  3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

And you didn't even mention that he's so tight with Harden and CP3 that this would be a betrayal.

This ain't happening. This feels more like we're being trolled for going after Iguodala last summer.

lw17, Plowman, rockets1995 and 5 others like this.
  4. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

0-7 in deciding game 7 :mad::(:oops: I will never forget

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

chris haynes is a paid troll, on lacob's payroll. the same ariza who's close with CP3 and can't stand stephenie is going to run to oakland. riiiiight. he sees donkey's ridiculous antics and says to himself "i wanna finish my career watching that bullshit every nite". alrighty then smh

lw17 likes this.
  6. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Highly doubt it, but Iguodala leveraged the Rockets to get more from the Warriors. If this is even close to true, Ariza probably doesn't want to get screwed on a discount request from the Rockets and in free agency, you need leverage.

7. MystikArkitect

So GSW honk says Lebron to Rockets is a pipe dream and Ariza going to join GSW?

Interesting. Is Daryl Morey also wanting to be Kerr’s understudy?

pippendagimp likes this.
  8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What's next? Gerald Green says he'll sign with Dallas?

lw17, BamBam, Richie_Rich and 4 others like this.
  9. RESINator

RESINator Member

Huge loss. Best wing defender

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Unbelievable if he does this. I really don't want to see this happen. Morey better find a way to keep him. He may have lost a small step but the man can still hold his own. It isn't his fault that he is literally picking up the hardest defensive assignments and this playoffs morey couldn't figure out a way to get another player to relieve Ariza some minutes. The man almost plays every minute of the game. There isn't a good reason why we have not done anything to help this guy get his minutes under control. Ariza must stay!

11. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

i don't care, he's washed anyway.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

One of ariza's best qualities is that he's never injured. Luc's shoulder concerns me. I don't think he can make it through a season as a starter.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean, we are sort of getting what we gave to Iggy here. I think the key difference between Iggy and Ariza is this: the warriors actually won the title so they had the luxury to be able to stand pat. Houston needs to improve their roster (even if it's a small improvement) so they need all the pennies dimes and nickels they have. It terrifies me to say how this will shake out.

14. topfive

topfive CF OG

Trevor's only one year older than Luc and doesn't have shoulders that pop out of joint. He's a steady, valuable presence. I'd hate to lose him.

This report just sounds to me like Trevor's agent is doing his job, planting rumors that will get back to Morey and make him step up the offer. Hopefully Morey's too smart to fall for that.*

* But yeah, there's that Ryno thing.

15. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Nah Ariza is a real one

Rocketboi and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  16. CapelaOnlyFan

CapelaOnlyFan Member

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

if he goes to the warriors then he's dead to me. i refuse to believe this

18. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

this off season already a hawt mess

19. noppeper

noppeper Member

Ariza did state in an interview that he prefers to play in an offensive scheme that is not so reliant on isolations, with more ball movement...

In any case, this would be a huge loss for the Rockets, regardless of his struggles in the last few games of the playoffs, when Ariza was trying to do more than he was called for throughout the season.

amaru likes this.
  20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

So LeBron to houston is unrealistic and ariza willing to take a paycut to join the warriors, all were circulated by the same dude in one day, hmm seems legit to me...

Ariza is the last person to pull a p***y move like that.

Plowman, napalm06 and Richie_Rich like this.