1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hawks shopping Paul Millsap

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 2, 2016.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He's definitely not the same Korver from 2 years ago. I had him on my fantasy team last year and every week it was a waiting game for him to regain his stats from 2014. It never came.

D-rock likes this.
  2. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

Korver is 35

DonKnock, robbie380 and D-rock like this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

He killed it tonight: Paul Millsap scored 17 straight points for the Hawks from 31.1 seconds left in the 3rd to 8:55 left in the 4th. 17 points on 5-6 shooting (3-3 from 3) and 4-4 from the FT line

s3ts likes this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm worried that the Spurs might say "Lets do something different...for once" and do a midseason trade where they send Aldridge to the Hawks and bring in Millsap. Millsap and Leonard would be deadly.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed! Millsap is also a free agent at the end of the season and could just sign with us. Millsap is not worth losing Bev, Ariza or Gordon at this point which is who they will demand. Anyways the way we are playing especially Harden, who wouldn't want to sign with us.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

But...but...Brewer is not even a NBA rotational player!?!

8. BootyHunter

BootyHunter Member

Ummmm we don't need Millsap

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Id welcome korver getting brewers minutes in this offense.

10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Two things from reading a few of the recent posts.
    1) we can't trade like 5 players for one. It's very unlikely to work
    2) ignore Korvers sub par performance, the hawks have just been up and down. He would fit in great on this team, we would not expect him to start, he would practically just be eating Dekker and Brewers minutes, which sounds amazing considering the looks he would be getting with this style of play.

PhiSlamma15 and arabrocket like this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I can't help but be a little curious at seeing Lover in the rockets. He would probably play 15-20 minutes a night. He would not have to play against other starters very often. I dunno it seems like he could be deadly for this current team.

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That is a factual statement.

13. newAge_Rockets

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. Chamillionaire

If we can get Korver for our poo poo platter then hell yes, but why would ATL do that?

15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Doubtful. KJ would also be seen as filler so you're basically saying the 4th or 5th seed would give up one of their starters for a 2nd rounder.

Hate to say it but I think Dekkers gotta go for Korver, and as much as I hate that, I would still do it.
    Korver could help us win playoff games, Dekker can't.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Korver would be an amazing fit. Solid passer and he isn't a bad defender either. He doesn't need the ball either and is constantly moving on offense. Don't know what the Hawks would take for him, but we have 2nd round picks from Denver and Portland next year.

BigMaloe and hakeem94 like this.
  17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If houston gets this guy for center, it can beat spur easily. It depends on how to trade and retain the current player and chemistry.

19. OTMax

OTMax Member

Hahah people, we have absolutely nothing the Hawks want! And we can wait for FA so even if they become desperate, I doubt they'd settle for Brewer, Dekker, KJ, Ennis or anybody like that. Also would he thrive in a system where we rely on spacing even more than ever, I'd doubt it.

20. ilias

ilias Member

I would be really excited to see a Rockets line-up with him at the center position. Millsap-Anderson-Ariza-Gordon-Harden would be the best offensive line-up in the league, all capable of hitting the open 3. We would have an absurd 8-man rotation with Gordon-Dekker-Millsap coming off the bench, but virtually no productive player outside of that. Our minute distribution would look something like this:

G: Harden 36, Gordon 33, Bev 27
    SF: Ariza 32, Dekker 16
    F/C: Millsap 35, Anderson 35, Capela 26

However, to make the numbers work we need to send out at least two non-minimum salary players together with our poop platter (Brewer, KJ, Ennis), ie we have to include 2 of Nene, Harrell or Dekker. Millsap's skillset overlaps with Harrell's, but we would still need to find a replacement for back-up C or SF.

For example we could send Harrell, KJ, Nene and a 1st to the Hawks; Ennis, Brewer and two 2nds to the Nets; then pick up 3rd string C and PG from China or the free agent bargain bin (Sacre, Hickson, Thompson, Kaman, Greg Smith, Josh Smith, Blair, Mohammed, Blatche / Cole, Chalmers, Fredette). Not sure either Hawks or Nets see value in these packages and we don't have many other assets left.

Conclusion: Not even Morey can pull this off.