1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you ever cried...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Band Geek Mobster, Jul 17, 2001.

Tags:
  1. alaskansnowman

Came kinda close at the end of Terminator 2. Thats bout it.

------------------
    its not the hours you put in your work that counts, it's the work you put in the hours - alaskansnowman

2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear you Holden. That was a great movie...some very sad moments. Poor William Macey's character, and the struggles he went through. That was the only time I really felt that the presence of Tom Cruise was powerful. At the end, when he is at his father's death bed, crying for him not to die. Man, that sent me over the edge right there. If you haven't seen this film, I highly recommend it.

Also, someone else mentioned Dead Poet's Society. That was another movie that I cried during. I do think that is probably one of the sadest movies I have ever seen in my life. When that one student kills himself, I have never felt such a big loss in my life during a movie.

By the way, NKOTB, I cried when Tom Hanks lost Wilson in Castaway as well. It was that point in the movie when I knew that Tom Hanks had done an amazing job acting in that film, because he had someone gotten me emotionally attached to a ******* volleyball! That was powerful.

------------------
    Rockets need power forward. Mo near now. Go near Mo.

You can Run from the bet, you can Rave at the bet...but you just can't hide.

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Oh man. What about the part where they were all singing that Aimee Mann song ? I love that song. This was a very good movie.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Oh yeah,
    Saving Private Ryan, Ghost, and The Phantom of the Opera.

The ending, where Phantom sings,

"Masquerade,
    Paper faces on parade,
    Masquerade,
    Hide your face so the world will never find you.
    "
    .....strikes something inside of me.

Breaks me up everytime, if I'm not careful.

Also, when Christine is at her father's grave singing Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again, that does it too. My father is dead, so hey, I can relate.

------------------
    "I have no regrets except that I wasn't up to keep Randy from getting on that plane."
    --Ozzy Osbourne on guitarist Randy Rhodes

[This message has been edited by Lynus302 (edited July 17, 2001).]

5. Steve_Francis_rules

When I was like 5 years old I cried during Short Circuit 2 because I thought Johnny 5 was going to die after he was roughed up by the two bad guys.
    And then the only other time I remember crying during a movie was during "The Original Kings of Comedy," and that's because I was laughing so hard when Steve Harvey was talking about Rae Carruth and the Titanic.

------------------

6. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

7. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

8. rockit

rockit Contributing Member

Man, I cry quite a bit at movies [​IMG]

Shawshank Redemption ... the entire ending scene, starting with Morgan Freeman staring at the guns thru the window, and when they show him walking on the beach, that part just gives me chills ... EVERY TIME.

My Girl ... yeah, yeah ... the whole funeral scene

The Empire of the Sun ... where they show the kid alone in the desert ... WOW!

Lion King ... for me its the beginning, when the 'Circle of Life' starts ... something about that song...

There are others, I just can't think of them right now.

Rockit

------------------

9. New Kid On The Block

Alright, I don't look like a total idiot now. Come on, admit it people, I know 99% of the people here who saw Cast Away cried at that scene. Just admit it haha. [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by New Kid On The Block (edited July 18, 2001).]

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Uh, it was a good movie and all, but kinda unbelievable. I was actually laughing at that part, as well as my buddy. The girl that was with us got real mad. Whoever up there cried during titanic, that was lame man. I walked out on that movie and went to the theater next door and saw LA Confidential. Kim Basinger naked almost had me in tears of joy.

11. New Kid On The Block

Amen Kim. Crying during Titanic???? What scene in that movie is even remotely worth crying for?

------------------

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought the scene when the orchestra was playing. The one that showed the mother and her kids laying down to prepare for their death. And then showed the old couple sitting at the table, just waiting to drown. It showed a sequence of people who realized they could do nothing but just prepare for death. All of that to depressing orchestra music. I thought that sequence, and that sequence only was sad in that movie.

I didn't cry during it, though.

------------------
    Life is a **** sandwich. The more bread you have, the less **** you have to take.

You can Run from the bet, you can Rave at the bet...but you just can't hide.

13. Band Geek Mobster

That's pretty tough talk for a guy named Kim and another named after a crappy boy band... [​IMG]

oh oh ohhho oh oh ohho oh oh ohhho, the right stuff...

------------------
    President of the CC.net Realist Club, everyone needs a dose of reality once in a while...

[This message has been edited by Pete Rose Mobster (edited July 18, 2001).]

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

TF: The Movie freakin' rocked. Not only because so many of them died (which was pretty monumental for a kids movie at the time), but also because Spike said sh**, which was also pretty groundbreaking.

I may have teared up a little during Prime's death, I don't remember. It was a long time ago...

The last movie that got to me was some cable flick that dealt with a sick woman wanting to die. It had to do with assisted suicide and it was just...disturbing.

Rok

------------------
    "Do you know what nemesis means? 'A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent'. Personified, in this case, by a horrible c***: ME."
    - Brick Top, Snatch

15. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

The only movie that I came really close to crying was the very end of Shawshank Redemption...no other movie has made me feel as good as that one...and it seems like every time I watch it that feeling of joy is still there.

------------------
    It's a ring toss game.

16. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

When the heck was she naked ?!?!?!?! And how did you get to be there ?

Who cried when Boris died in Snatch ?

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

17. Hydra

Hydra Member

I cried in The Prince of Egypt when the pharoah lets them go after his son dies and Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston sing a song called "There Can Be Miracles". The Exodus story is just so sad but with such a happy ending. I just feel like the Lord is with us or something. Any Bible movie that is done well moves me.

------------------
    What's a Nubian?

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Uh, as for the naked part, Kim Basinger was naked a lot. There were 2 sex scenes, one with Russell Crowe (who wasn't a big star yet) and the other with that other main character guy (I don't know who he is).

And as to how I got there, I walked out of Titanic (cause it was dumb) and went next door to LA Confidential which was just starting.

The Prince of Egypt looks real cool. I think I'll rent that when I get the chance.

19. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

In "Where the Red Fern Grows" when the one dog just lays on the other dogs grave and dies.......God Damnit....it's just to much.

I also cried like a little biotch when Optimus died. [​IMG]

------------------
    Fret for your figure and
    Fret for your latte and
    Fret for your hairpiece and Fret for your lawsuit and Fret for your prozac and Fret for your pilot and Fret for your contract and Fret for your car.
    TOOL-Aenema

20. Ren Cooper

Ren Cooper Member

I have cried in so many movies I cant count,thats not counting regular TV!!!They dont even have to be sad either.

A few:

Rudy
    Amistad
    Erin Brockovich
    Gladiator
    Hell Im not even going to continue Im crying now [​IMG]

I cry on Friends sometimes and Dawsons Creek everytime I watch,just about!

I never cried in movies until (the green stuff) [​IMG]

------------------
    AKA Rendiggler