1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you ever cried...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Band Geek Mobster, Jul 17, 2001.

Tags:
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I cried after realizing I wasted five bucks on AI

------------------
    Mein bratwurst has a first name, it's F-R-I-T-Z
    Mein bratwurst has a second name, it's S-C-H-N-A-C-K-E-N-P-F-E-F-F-E-R-H-A-U-S-E-N

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I laughed when Bambi's mom died . The only time I ever cried was during The Land Before Time The first one , I was only a kid but it choked me up a little bit . I ALMOST cried at Remember the Titans when The Black Kid tells the White Kid "I love ya man" or whatever , that was some powerful s*** right there . And it I didnt cry , but I was sad for a whole day after I saw "Boyz N The Hood" the ending just made me sad as hell .

------------------
    Reactions after The Rockets got Eddie Griffin for 3 draft picks

"Eddie For 3 ... Yes!!! O Mother!!!!!!!"

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

That's what I was thinking

I dont remember If I cried, but if not I was holding the tears back.

------------------
    The title will come to ClutchCity once again.

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I've got a funny about that movie:
    When I was about 17 (25 now) several of my idiot friends and I let our various girlfriends talk us into seeing it.

On the way to the movie, we stopped and we eached picked up one of those party-sized bottles of Mad Dog 20/20, and snuck them into the theatre inside our coats.

So we're all sitting there getting wasted, in this totally crowded theatre. Our girls are drunk and crying cause hey, it's a sad movie, while all of us guys are just drunk and bordering on obnoxious.

At some point, one of us finally realized that we need to shut the hell up before we all get busted. So we calm down and chill for a bit, just finishing our drinks.

So, I finish my MD, and I figure I'll lay it down onto the floor so I don't kick it over later and make all kinds of racket (see? smart drunk!).

The thing was, I didn't think about the whole sloping-theatre-seating thing (not-so-smart drunk), and right there at the above-mentioned saddest part in the whole damn movie, I let go too early.....CLANK, CLANK, CLANK, CLANK CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANKITY CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK

I thought it would never stop. Everyone started that I'm-wasted-but-I'm-trying-to-be-quiet snicker, and then we just lost it completely. How we didn't get into trouble is beyond me.

------------------
    "I have no regrets except that I wasn't up to keep Randy from getting on that plane."
    --Ozzy Osbourne on guitarist Randy Rhodes

[This message has been edited by Lynus302 (edited July 17, 2001).]

5. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Mad Dog 20/20...oh the memories...and wicked hangovers! I seriously think that stuff has a secret "7 foot tall and invisible" ingredient in it because some of the craziest things I've ever done were after a bottle(or two) of those. Orange Jubilee baby!

And don't think about dropping one of those because they are practically indestructible. I couldn't even begin to count the number of times we'd be "disposing of our empties" going down the freeway at 60-70mph(I don't little anymore....it's BAD) and you could hear the damn bottle, unbroken still bouncing 5 seconds later! They should line the space shuttle with those things!

------------------
    Anger is a weed. Hate is a tree.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I was just about to mention that one. I never did make it through that whole movie. It was just too sad.

------------------
    Anger is a weed. Hate is a tree.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmmm, I don't often cry at movies. There were some listed that I came close to (American History X, Empire of the Sun, Saving Private Ryan). But the couple I can think of are Gattaca and Ms. Doubtfire (don't laugh).

Gattaca was a great film, and I love Jude Law. He did such a good job in that movie, and in the end, when dragged himself into the incinerator with his silver medal on, with Ethan Hawke flying up to space, I could not control myself. I love that movie.

As for Ms. Doubtfire, that movie actually was pretty emotional, despite all the comdey involved. With the dad trying to see his kids as much as possible, after the divorce. My parents divorced right about that same time, and it was a very sensitive subject for me. The fact that Robin Williams and Sally Fields don't get back together in the end (in other words, a realistic ending) made all that much sadder, because that was what I was still hoping for my parents.

Oh, and I cried during The Pest and Battlefield Earth...but that was for a different reason. [​IMG]

------------------
    Rockets need power forward. Mo near now. Go near Mo.

You can Run from the bet, you can Rave at the bet...but you just can't hide.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Rocky IV-the first movie I ever cried in.
    Glory
    Titanic

There's a lot more, but I can't think of them right now.

------------------
    When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of Uma Thurman.

9. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

As a kid I cried during "Old Yeller"

As an adult, I get choked up sometimes, but rarely cry. Usually, I get choked up the easiest when there's something involving a father and son, or brothers. Dunno why, but that gets me.

At home, I have cried when Forrest visits Jenny's grave. Man, that one's tough.

One time I was watching this documentary on channel 8 about this prison. They were showing the lives of a few select inmates. All these guys were violent offenders and some were in there for life. Well, they go on about how this one older black guy and a few of the others always participated in the prison rodeo. There were two guys who always won most of the competitions, the black guy and this other white dude.

Well, they show them getting ready for the rodeo and tell how the black inmate got priviledges like herding the prison's cattle, even though he was there for life on a murder conviction.

Anyways, they are all getting ready for the rodeo and just a couple of days before it's supposed to begin the black guy has a heart attack and dies.....

I don't know why, but I cried. I think because it was real-life and not a movie. He was a model prisoner, who always followed orders and didn't cause trouble (from what the guards said). Also, because the guy was very remorsefull and didn't try to deny that he did it. He just said he made a huge mistake and was spending the rest of his life paying for it.

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

10. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I also cried at the end of Rudy. That was a tearjerker.

------------------
    "norm, would you like to buy an indian scalp ? This deal isn't gonna make or break me Norm, so don't jerk me around." Harry Carey "Norm, if I had a mohawk scalp, I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you."

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

YOU AND ME BOTH
    GOD WHAT A HORRIBLE MOVIE.

Anyway
    Another movie that had me near tears
    THE DAY AFTER!!!!!1
    That was a sick sad movie

Rocket River
    at ag 11 it was not Kewl

------------------

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Some emotional moments....

The end of Tommy Boy when Farley gets the Callahan factory back and gives that speech in front of all the factory workers.

Billy Madison, when Billy hands the company over to the old dude after winning the academic competition.

The end of Clueless when Cher Horowitz (Silverstone) finally hooked up with her stepbrother Josh. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Oh No..."
    -Bill Walton in 97 just before Stockton's buzzer beater

13. New Kid On The Block

Awe man, am I the only idiot here who cried in Cast Away when he lost the volleyball? [​IMG]

------------------

14. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Originally posted by NKOTB:
    Yes

------------------
    "I have no regrets except that I wasn't up to keep Randy from getting on that plane."
    --Ozzy Osbourne on guitarist Randy Rhodes

15. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

Old Yeller
    Brian's Song(I won't ever watch this movie again. Ever.)
    Forrest Gump

I get chills at the ending of Shawshank Redemption, but not tears.

There are more, but I cannot recall the titles.

------------------
    It was the time of the preacher, in the year of '01
    Now the preachin' is over, and the lessons begun . . .

16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

What about Can't Hardly Wait or American Pie????

------------------
    "Oh No..."
    -Bill Walton in 97 just before Stockton's buzzer beater

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Leaders that rise above oppression and violence always raise a lump in my throat... reading the Malcolm X biography did the same. His life story is awesome.

------------------
    "I'll tell you this, the older I get, the less I trust people. It's true. It's damn true." -- gr8-1 going through some growing pains.

18. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

I also cried at the end of Good Morning Vietnam, when he's leaving and they play "What A Wonderful World" by Loius Armstrong. Even today when I here that song, I get all choked up.

Oh, and in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory when Augustus Glump falls into the choco river. The chocolate is ruined!! Ruined dammit!!! WE HAD A DEAL, WONKA!! THAT WASN'T PART OF THE DEAL!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    Homer Simpson: "I'm gonna tell you 3 things that will haunt you for the rest of your life! You've ruined your father, crippled your family, and baldness is hereditary!"

19. IVFL

IVFL Member

I had forgoten about good morning vietnam. have you noticed how robin williams makes these comedys that turn into tear jerkers.

I know what you mean about the chocolate, that kid was so selfish. I now hate all fat people becasue of that. the only problem is I now hate myself.

I eat because I am unhappy and I am unhappy becasue I eat its a vicouse cycle. that part of Austin powers II really tore me up also.

------------------

20. Holden

Holden Member

i cried watching Magnolia, if youve ever seen it. when claudia smiles at the end. ..just because i could see how much she goes through just to be able to smile and to find someone that actually wanted to be with her... i could relate...other parts of that movie make me cry
    its tough to admit, but i actually cried during titanic. when she is getting lowered down on the emergency boat, and they are just staring at each other. i guess because they thought their moment was over, it made me think of all the girls i just looked at and passed by without knowing them, but when you look away you know its over...
    i cry watching american beauty all the time. at the end when annette benning goes upstairs and hugs lester's and lets out this wail, like she realizes he is gone, and she cant believe she took him for granted, im getting choked up just thinking about it...

if a movie can make you cry, its a success, i didnt really like titanic though, but i took my own personal meaning from that scene and got something out of it..

------------------
    Paranoid, trying to stuff the void.