1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you ever completed one of these?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Drewdog, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

FREE TV

I know it requires for you to sign up for several offers, but just curious if anyone has ever done something similar and received their "FREE" gift.

Maybe the fact that I desperately want to bite the bullet and buy a big HDTV but won't have the cash for a while (at least a year) is blurring my vision a bit?

:)

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

No.

But I did recently upgrade my Verizon FiOS services at the house and they are giving me a free 19" flat screen HDTV (or a $200 Best Buy gift card).

I was gonna upgrade anyway, so the free TV is a nice perk I guess. I'll actually probably opt for the gift card.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Its BS, nothing is free. Don't even waste your time.

4. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

:(

Damn.... so much for my Super Bowl party......

Nobody wants to watch the big game on one of these:

[​IMG]

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

^

Actual size of tv shown.

6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

i got a free brand new ipod from freeipod dot com a few years ago, it required 5 other folks to sign up under me and subscribe to trial services

it was free and fast

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Some are scams, some are legit. The bigger the prize, the more likely you will have to put forward a little cash to cover S&H on trials.

I know for a fact that http://freegameconsoles.net is legit. A friend of mine got a Wii through it a few months ago. He said that you had to be on top of them and keep records, but they will pay off. It's a lot like rebates- if you jump through the hoops and follow the directions, you will get your payoff after a few months. That's another thing- these things aren't fast, so if you need something now, don't bother.

8. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

But we all have different sized monitors, how would that even work? :confused: :confused: :confused:

:D

9. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I did the free I-Pod thing many years ago, I still use the thing to sync with my car, so it worked out well for me.. It's worth it if you have lots of time and I had tons of that at the time..

10. igotask8board

igotask8board Member

Yea, I used www.freevideogames.com a few years ago to get a free PS2. It took me less than a week to complete the offers, cancel the offers, and recieve the points. If you decide to try it, write everything down, things like phone numbers, and confirmation numbers.

Costed me a total of $37 for a $325.00 PS2. Not bad. I will probably try another one somewhere down the line.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

has anyone ever done that "free xbox 360" deal?

12. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

I'm doing the free Wii that Xero was talking about. I think it cost me like 20 bucks in all. It did not take me long to do all the requirements which I finished a couple of weeks ago. Now it should be no later then 3 months before the Wii comes in.

13. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Early last year while my wife was on bed rest waiting for our child to be born, I did one of those free iPod sites where you basically just sign up for junk email in order to receive "points" that you can collect toward an iPod.

By the time I was done with the various sites, I had moved on to the ones where I had to lay out a little cash for S&H on trials and whatnot. So, I spent about $25 and somehow ended up with 2 iPod Nanos, 5 iPod Shuffles, nearly $350 in cash (or PayPal, anyway) and $170 in various gift cards.

I think I wrung all I could out of the system, and it became pretty clear that it was getting more difficult amass points, and it was a giant time suck (and by that time, my daughter had been born, so I had far less time to waste).

There are some message board sites out there that talk about the various sites and give hints and tips to help you avoid the crappier sites as well as avoid any of the common pitfalls.