1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have I gone crazy??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownrox1, Feb 26, 2016.

1. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So, I've been living up here in New York for the past year and a half and I'm not sure if I've gone crazy.

The amount of people up here who disrespect and hate on the Rockets is unreal. My buddies give me flack about this, but I still believe James Harden is the best 2 guard in the league. Many people I've had basketball discussions up here with, strongly disagree.

They say he can't be the best shooting guard in the NBA because he plays no defense blah blah blah. So I concede that yes, his defense is far from outstanding but at times it is there. Then I ask, so if it's not James Harden, then who is it??? Many then say Klay Thompson. The same Klay that's averaging 21, 3, and 2? Yup that Klay. They say he plays outstanding defense and is a better 2 way player.

Then I think, hmmm maybe my homerism has blinded me... Or maybe I've gone crazy...

However, after last nights performance against Portland, how can anyone with a basketball brain argue that Harden isn't the best 2 guard?

Clutchfans help me out here... :confused:

2 people like this.
  2. OpenLayup-Why3?

1 game

3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Media influenced talk and beliefs.

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

Klay Thompson is the best shooting guard. Klay is a REAL shooting guard. Harden is playing point guard, how can he be best shooting guard? he's a mediocre PG on offense and bad PG on defense.

1 person likes this.
  5. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Here in San antonio there is alot of hatred on the rockets and james harden also.. but I'm sure thats everywhere

6. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

You haven't gone crazy, your in NY. They though Patrick Ewing was better than the Dream. Case closed.

7. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Of course he's a spurs killer. Okc beat them in WCF that year because of Harden too.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Klay really isn't. He's good in the situation he's in but he can't be the man for a team.

9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

And that's been my whole point when I argue with these guys.

Seriously ask any GM in the league... If given a choice to have one to start your team, I guarantee you most if not all would pick Harden.

Klay isn't the player that can carry a team. He's literally in the perfect situation.

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Lol @ the "1 game" crowd. Convenient to ignore the season stats huh?

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You are not the only Rockets fan who live outside of Houston who has to constantly defend Harden against fans of other teams.

I've been doing that since two years ago. The most common line is that Harden is only good because he flops his way to the basket and gets calls. And of course his defense is one of the constant topics.

In a way, I don't really blame them for their ignorance about Harden because I would be guilty of the same thing about other teams' stars. Lakers fans have been defending Kobe against my hatred for years. That's just the nature of sports fandom.

Saying that Harden is not the most endearing superstar in the NBA is an understatement. Some of it is very unfair. Some of it he can only blame himself.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

please shut the **** up

13. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Our team plays defense (poorly) and James Harden plays offense. Any offense needs people who force the defense to react (i.e. play makers) and James is our only player who can do that effectively.

That being said, I believe Harden does have lack some intangibles that separate the great from the legendary.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I can understand why fans of other teams dislike Harden... I dislike Chris Paul because he is a crybaby flopper... I greatly disliked Howard after the SVG press conf fiasco. It's only been by watching him work without any negativity that I've grown to appreciate him...

So, sure I can understand others disliking the Rox... I'm a fan of 30 years, but even I'm not that crazy about 'em at times... ;)

15. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

28 points, 7 assists, 6.5 rebounds PER GAME this season.

16. OpenLayup-Why3?

volume stats. he has the ball 48 minutes, should average 40-15-19

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good try good effort

3/10 troll job

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Jesus. Think about what Harden might be putting up if he didn't show up to training camp fat. :grin:

People, you are witnessing greatness here, appreciate it.

1 person likes this.
  19. OpenLayup-Why3?

shooting guard

shooting

guarding

who is better shooting guard? guy who's better shooter and better guard? or a guy who's sometimes shooting good, but usually not and can't guard anyone or anything?

20. OpenLayup-Why3?

i'm dead serious. i hate harden. i hate that so many people adore him. dude shows up for a game once in a blue moon and he's the greatest yada yada, lets ignore mister greatness' team is not even a top 8 of 15 teams in conference. and dont you start with it's not harden's fault