1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Has Houston accepted being mediocre?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dream Shake 81, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Dream Shake 81

Mediocre is what comes to mind when I watch my rockets. Our Rockets can be great, we should be be great, but they are missing something.. maybe more than just one thing. I am not here to speculate but, I do wonder as a fan of every team in Houston, why such deserving fans do not get to watch our teams be at least somewhat dominant. Year after year it is something or another that has created a stigma that "Houston seems to have a problem".. always.

There are other cities that don't accept being just average, and if they are then the teams just don't sell tickets. Owners know this in these cites so they are always in emergency mode to remain on top.

Has Houston become a city where being just average is acceptable? ..

Where.."as long as i get to watch a good game" is all that matters?

I love the fact that Les Alexander and DM are some of the best in the game but I do question their intentions for the amount of time they know it will take to get to the top.

The trade assets we have been accumulating, the threat of a lockout coming, and many more cards ownership is holding and knows about truly make me wonder about this question.

We go to rockets games now and see mediocrity.
    Do the Rockets watch us and see mediocrity?

2. kramer_k

kramer_k Member

this is very deep.

3. Dream Shake 81

Ha- What else at 2:30 am? .. My glass is always half full.....

4. Zero2Hero

Zero2Hero Member

It's like 3 in the morning, which makes it understandable.

Houston for worst sports city of '10? I'd actually be interested in seeing the Texans, Astros, and Rockets records since January 1st.

5. HoustonRockets

I don't even think we are mediocre right now.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol mediocre would be GREAT right now. Right now we're one of the worst three in the league. Sorry to bare the bad news.

1 person likes this.
  7. The Situation

The Situation Member

Atleast we're not Cleveland

8. LBJ-Tmac

LBJ-Tmac Member

Cleveland is doing better than us.

9. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

but Cleveland got owned

10. Felece

Felece Member

Cleveland without Lebron > Houston with Yao Ming

1 person likes this.
  11. PeppermintCandy

The idealistic side of me says the current mediocrity is a stepping stone for the championship contender Morey wants to build around a healthy Yao. A few more moves on the chessboard and it will all become clear.

The cynical side of me says the current mediocrity is due to Yao being too marketable and lucrative for Les Alexander to give up on and enter a rebuilding mode, and Les is willing to have a relatively competitive and entertaining team around Yao, but one that won't win a ring, rather than bite the financial bullet and accept a Yao-less future.

Usually, my idealistic side wins out. I find it's better for my mental health.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Worry not, lads. Once Yao Ming is out of the picture next season, Houston will be a team not to be reckoned with.

I think we just need a fresh new system. No Yao. No Hitler.

13. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I would LOVE to be mediocre at this point. I would LOVE to be .500!

14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sad to say, but at least if we were the Knicks we would have hope right now. They have a better record.

15. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Look over there------> That big huge mountain over there!!! If you get all the way to the top of it, you'll be at mediocrity....The Rockets, are at the bottom of that hill..

16. Dream Shake 81

Our record does not truly show our talent. We are mediocre. But the question remains... Have we accepted the role in the NBA as being the middle of the road team?

17. AggieRocketsFan

Just ask Daryl Morey:

Twitter Nov. 27

18. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

How is our roster any better than any other team?

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The team is well below .500, the team is "bad," the team needs to work really hard and get on a significant win streak before even achieving mediocrity.

20. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

With our current roster, if completely healthy and everyone gives 120% every night, Rockets could be a mediocre team.

We need a much better roster than the current one.

Morey, please do your job.