1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harvey Weinstein's Decades of Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 6, 2017.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If anyone thinks CNN is some sort of liberal mouth piece they should be watching the news the past 48 hours where apparently we should be outraged cause it took Hillary and Obama a few days to refute Weinstein. You can't watch a single segment without this being launched into the discussion by the anchor.

I'm not saying that Obama and Hillary are right for waiting as long as they did.... (they should have come out sooner), but I do want to point out that there is this effort by everyone to go out of their way to seem fair to "both sides" by going harder on the left than you do the right just because there is Trump on one side who makes is seem like you are always criticizing the right & his party so you have to go extra hard on people like Hillary & Obama who aren't even in any type of power anymore just to seem fair.

If CNN is sooooo outraged over Weinstein, and the Democrats response, where are they on Trump and the GOP? Cause it seems like NFL tweets are more important now than Trumps sexual abuse of Women and the Republicans response to allegations against Trump.

In the grand scheme of things, how connect are the Dems and Weinstein? How much has Weinstein funded Hillary vs. someone like Quentin Tarantino? I'm guessing by the amount of movies Tarantino should be getting CNN segments of outrage too.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They hadn't come forward. They only hinted at inappropriate behavior and did not name Weinstein.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Trump is disgusting for joking about grabbing.

Weinstein is disgusting for grabbing.

Didn't take too long, did it?

hvic and zksb09 like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He did more than joke about it. He settled at least one lawsuit about it and has had dozens of people accusing him of sexual harassment.

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Nope. Good. But you’re a reasonable conservative. Some, not so much. I have a feeling a lot of actors knew what Weinstein was doing and didn’t say anything. Terrible

Heck, my favorite director of all time was Hitchcock, and look at what he tried doing with Tippi Hedrin. Very disappointing. Hard to separate the art from the artist sometimes.

It’d be nice to be able to listen to Cosby’s “family breakfast” routine again, but I just can’t. Sad.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Since you are a reasonable Republican that I feel can be honest about these things....

Should the Weinstein accusers be believed as well as the Trump accusers? Why were the 15 women accusing Trump not to be believed but the Weinstein ones are? Or did you believe the Trump accusers back last Summer?

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

There are also some that see it as an opportunity to kick the carcass.
    Not saying that many are doing this but . .. now that he is down . . . it is a good time for some Pay Back

Agreed. Its the system that is on trial more than the person
    People like Weinstein are everywhere at all levels
    I recall on the UNDERCOVER BOSS at HOOTERS . . . one of the managers was doing ridiculous ****

People in Power do ridiculous **** because they can
    Women may not ask for sexual favors but they do some **** that is wrong and shitty and ridiculous
    It is one of the driving forces as to why people want to be rich
    Freedom to be assholes and shitty people . .. to an extent . . .Weinstein took it to an extreme

ONE MORE THING: Weinstein is 65 . . . he probably not going to prison and to a lesser extent some women will deal
    with him even in his diminished power capacity because he still has some money and undercover contacts
    so
    I SERIOUSLY DOUBT HE IS THAT REPENTENT . . .he had a good run . . . . . if he had to do it again
    he would

Same with Cosby /. . . . no matter what you think yea or nay . . .what ever he did . .. did not catch up
    to him until his fricking 80s . . . . ..

Ask anyone if they could have a run like that. . . most of folx would take it .

So I doubt there is that much regret

Rocket River

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: What were Terry's options?

If he hit the dude. . . people would call him a Gay Basher
    If he started talking about it .. . .he would have been typed the stereotypical black male homophobe

I say he should have knocked him out and told the world .. . . and dealt with the consequences

Rocket River

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Weinstein is a scary man -- very predatory -- the way he just blitzes his target with intense pressure and endless questions that only allow for an eventual 'yes'. Once he has that 'yes' he has them and will continue the pressure until they fully give in and have sex with him. So technically they have consented, but in reality he has just mentally worn them down -- in some of the cases though he did just use a combination of his physical size and power (you won't work again) to force his will.

He needs to be in jail.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Hollywood doesnt have time to respond to this. Now is still the time to lecture us about gun reform.

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

A lot of them came forward with claims years ago, but took various sums of money to keep quiet. Now that the dam is broken, they are talking.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

it wasn't too long ago mcgowen claimed a sex tape was released to shame her as retaliation for an assault claim against some hollywood heavy. she was painted as crazy.

13. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

I say he should have called him out at the moment. Loudly.

Embarrass the dude immediately. Physical violence is counterproductive.

"Knocked him out"...weak 1st reaction.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

FYI, Reddit has determined it was Tyler Perry who touched Terry through their detective work. :eek:

Nook likes this.
  15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

This is Hollywood...LOL

16. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder who will be next

Rocket River

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Hollywood is so cancerous...as more and more male actors are claiming to have been assaulted early in their careers...Rich and powerful men impacting the lives of young women, men...is it too far-fetched to think that these a$$holes arent abusing kids, who are the most vulnerable in our society.

20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong thread

#80 Astrodome, Oct 12, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2017