1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hardest position to play in football?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cheke64, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Besides QB. Which one is the hardest?

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

CB1.  

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Offensive Lineman. This is probably the least appreciated position in all of football, yet the game is make or break by these men. This is my opinion of course, and I played O-Line in high school

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Corner. The rules make it so hard for these guys.

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was the 9th WR on our depth chart in middle school*. That was tough. People don't understand.

You have to look like you want to play, but not so much that they actually put you in the game very much. (Because really, you're just on the team to get in shape for basketball.) And when you do go in the game and the coach accidentally calls a play for you because all the WRs are skinny white kids who look alike in football pads and he thinks you're his #1 WR, you have to accept before the play starts that you will let everyone down. And once you do let everyone down, you have to make it look like you're disappointed in yourself - even though you really don't care.

*A-team though, holla at ya boi

6. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Kicker or punter could be considered hard since it requires a certain skillset I feel you either have or you don't. Same with QB obviously. RB if you don't have vision.

All the receiving positions, OL, DL, linebackers are pretty easy as I played all of those. Defensivebacks I dont know but I imagine they are harder than the rest. MLB might be the hardest on defense since you are the QB on D.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

lolol. takes acting and everything.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

RB. Good luck lasting

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nickleback.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Definitely DB

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

12. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I think playing deep safety can be tough, it is about instincts & reading coverages.

13. Nook

Nook Member

CB.

It takes a lot of of different skills, and the lack of a certain skill will result in being exploited.

You need loose hips, body control, speed, quickness, the ability to tackle, the ability to read offenses immediately, closing speed.

A good corner is very important.

14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Center. The ability to make the right line calls, remember the count, deliver regular and shotgun snaps, make the correct read on stunts, coordinate with other Olinemen, and block with technique for both run and pass demands a high degree of excellence for both the mental and physical.

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Corner back. Got to contain the outside run and cover receivers. Have to commit to the qb, running back, or receiver, on options. When I played CB in high school, I always thought teams should run a lot more option plays, b/c they just put me in an impossible situation.

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I agree with this.

17. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Cornerback.

So you're facing the best athletes in the world...and not only do you have to keep up with them from a purely athletic standpoint, you have the distinct disadvantage of not knowing which direction they are going to go.

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Outside linebacker. Having to stop the run, rush the quarterback and go back into coverage.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Kickers are expected to start day 1 and not fail. So that's pretty stressful. But of course it's CB. Good QBs pick on rookie corners, and the rules favor the WR, who's usually 4-6" taller and 20-30 pounds than you. But at least you're expected to do badly as rookie, just show some flashes.

RB's a good one too. If you don't produce early or stay healthy, teams move on from you quickly. Even if you do happen to find success early, you'd only have 1-2 good contracts in your career.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Long snapper.

You're only noticed if you **** up. :)