1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Dekker "Pass that s#!+!, Pass that s#!+!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 25, 2017.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Because you know Russ isn't better than Harden in all those stats? I made it clear, he leads the NBA in win shares. That's hard for Russ to be better isn't it?

2. joomba

joomba Member

My thing is I don't place that much value on box score numbers. You can disagree with that premise, but my logic is consistent and solid. Impact stats > raw box score numbers, all day baby.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Talking to self, or asking a question or another?!?!?

4. joomba

joomba Member

Harden is leading in Win Shares because he has played the most games with top 6 in minutes per game. Kawhi is better than him in WS/48, which I usually look at.

5. joomba

joomba Member

Why are you making case for Russ. He's probably another player that I really loathe to watch; the irony is a lot of people here hate how Russ plays, but doesn't see the same faults in Harden.

Wylo, basketballholic and hakeem94 like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

And if Harden's impact scores (ie, win shares) are better than anyone else's, you just ignore them, cherry pick a few stats where someone else might be better, and then make false claims about Harden.

Sure, he has a turnover problem, but to compare the turnovers of a point guard with a small forward is ludicrous. He is far from being the worst PG in the league when it comes to turnovers per possession, and he is the best PG in the NBA at creating shots for others.

DonKnock, Daddy Long Legs and D-rock like this.
  7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm not making a case for Russ.... lol.

And win shares/ 48 has Chinanu Onuaku first in the NBA. Clue as to why it isn't the most effective stat? Again, Durant is ahead of Kawhi, so we're again finding firm evidence that you are infatuated with the idea of Leonard as MVP and will state any case to try and prove it, despite the cases you present pointing to others.

8. joomba

joomba Member

Not true. Again, the easier route would have been to pick Russ over Harden. I can't do that, because they are basically very similar in their strengths and weaknesses.

Based on what? Because Harden hasn't been that this month. So, you're basically drawing that conclusion off of how he played in December? That's pretty small sample size.

#348 joomba, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Wylo likes this.
  9. joomba

joomba Member

Yes, Durant would be my #2 pick for MVP; it could go to either one of them

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Again you're ignoring what is concrete and drawing conclusions from your imagination.
    I give up.

[​IMG]

DonKnock and D-rock like this.
  11. joomba

joomba Member

Basically I don't like players who jack up ton of shots with low efficiency, turn the ball a lot, and play lazy defense. Harden and Russ fits that description perfectly. Kawhi and Durant are polar opposite of that type (especially since Durant has become a great defender this year), which is why those two would be my leading MVP picks.

#351 joomba, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Wylo and hakeem94 like this.
  12. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Why is @DrNuegebauer having an incoherent conversation with himself?

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because he sees dead peple.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and you like players who play lazy offense?

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No you're not getting it man. He's saying that he happens to value everything Harden doesn't do well, he doesn't value anything Harden does well, Harden always does the opposite of what happens to be important in the MVP race every week and joomba is the only one who knows what's important each week, whether he scores creates 10 or 90 points or we win or lose Harden should always do more, other MVP candidates never have bad months or games or stretches like Harden, and if people say far more positive things than negative about Harden they are crazy homers, but if someone makes negative comments about Harden 99.9% of the time then they are being realistic. If someone questions his 99.9% negative comments, then those people are irrational about Harden. Also, sometimes the MVP trophy matters, other times it doesn't, it's random. Sometimes wins matter, other times they don't, it's also random. And Kevin Durant, who had to b**** his way out of OKC to ride Curry & Co. to a trophy, is a real MVP candidate because he is really good at defending the guy that Draymond Green is not guarding, although Draymond will routinely rotate over to help Durant as well.

And this is all a coincidence. It's not to be taken as the behavior of a biased hater, it just so happens to look that way.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

who was the better player with regards to their respective teams, ninja turtle or practice?

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Practice....

Ninja Turtle can stat stuff like none other...... and still got the octarine of time

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Read my signature

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

all that is being said here is, harden has a tendency to make lazy passes, which is irrefutable. He also has said himself that sometimes as the point guard he can be lulled into a false sense of security and forget to attack. I can find that video for you if you want.

Wylo and heypartner like this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's unfortunately not all that's being said here. Also, it's not laziness, it's just trying too hard to make passes that aren't there. In the end those are the same thing, but I don't buy the narrative that Harden is lazy. Harden makes lazy passes, Curry picks up stupid fouls. They both suck at defense given the same teammates.

Those things are true, but it is ridiculous some people are making it seem like it is a big subject. It is a byproduct of a historic product. I've explained it tons of times, what leads Harden to those turnovers is the exact same thing that gets 12 assists. He can try those things less, but that will mean fewer assists.

Overall what matters is how many TO's the team has. The way we play, with Harden dominating the ball more than most PG's and a very high number of possessions, he is going to have an unprecedented number of assists and it does not correlate with wins and losses. Yes if he turns it over less while doing everything the same it is better for us. Likewise, if Curry hits 10% higher on his 3's it would be better for the Warriors. But none of those things are likely to happen. 28 points, 12 assists, 8 rebounds on just 18 shots is WAY more than excellent even if he turns it over 6 times. To obsess about Harden's weaknesses shows a disinterest in wins imo.

BigMaloe and T for 3 like this.