1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to Dekker "Pass that s#!+!, Pass that s#!+!"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 25, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What time mark is that? Brewer was the one who screwed up the coverage, if we are talking the same thing. Hell, he had two blocks. I'm not seeing sloppy play.

It was something much more minor. I'm going with Shark44.

BigMaloe and Htownballer38 like this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think so too.
    Cause He is holding the inbounder . .. the Rockets get the charge
    Instead of stepping out and waiting for the Ref to give him the ball
    He walks up court

Harden may have wanted to run before the defense was set
    But instead Brewer comes back and the defense is set and gets a turnover.

Rocket River

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, I'm aware of all the connotations. I applaud any orientation that includes backdoor sex. I was just tweaking BDH for jumping up our butts (so to speak) about this being a racist issue. When Michael Jordan got on his teammates' case, people did say "Leadership!" That's because you could watch Jordan play and know that he rarely took plays off, that he gave it all more often than not. Same with Magic. Harden hasn't reached that point yet, and may not ever get there because his personality doesn't seem to work that way. So racism? Nah. Harden brings this on himself for sleep-walking through some games.

That said, anyone who is as valuable to his team as Harden is has every right to scream at his teammates for screwing up, especially the young guys. Dekker is practically a rookie and should be yelled at until he gets it right. He should also be patted on the back when he does, and I see Harden doing that at times as well.

In other words, nothing to see here. Much ado about nada.

#283 topfive, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    J Sizzle and D-rock like this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I believe he's saying "get past that ****, get past that ****".

hakeem94 and heypartner like this.
  5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dekker could've said something that Harden didn't like or agree with. Something like, " Come on Harden step up your game". And then Harden lite a fire in that bleep.

6. threepointshot3

Sounds about right. Dekker made a rookie mistake which he will learn from. Sometimes rookie needs to know his place and shut the hell up.Talking back to the franchise player who pretty much makes you're team is not a good idea. He is young and he will learn so once you make a mistake like Dekker made you need to suck it up.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Draymond and Durant was even more animated yet they keep racking Ws. At least Harden didn't go Rondo on his teammates.

Balldon'tlie likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Fine... I'm all for Harden being a vocal leader and berating teamates when they make mistakes IF he also allows his teammates to berate him when he does his 'I'll play zone d while the rest of the team plays man d' thing.

I think thats fair.

DikembeOlajuwan likes this.
  9. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Nobody was thrown under the bus you idiot. Just some tough love.

You people are p*****s, and obviously never played sports when you were kids.

10. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

No you ****ing idiot. Rooks don't get to berate veterans. Younger players do as their told until they get the EXPERIENCE and RESPECT they deserve. Teams aren't democracies numb skull.

Mr Chuck Norris, RCPM and topfive like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

well this is assuming Dekker is really 100% wrong in this situation but nobody knows the true story behind this. There's really nothing wrong with a young player voicing their opinion. Some people take it differently compared to others. That's part of the process of being part of a team full of strong emotions and grown men who see each other almost every single day for hours. Hopefully they'll learned from this however way that comes about.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's nothing wrong with Dekker showing some disagreement regardless of his status. We have yet to figure out what the issue is. From the video, we really see Harden getting more agitated if anything but it's over with now. Both of them likely have put it behind them. On to philly tonight

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I dont think your username is homophobic but i do think its homo.

Makes it seem like you wanna enter hardens backdoor.

14. simon_!

simon_! Member

listen, for last 4-5 years, i play basketball couple of days a week with a guy who have played against oscar robertson in several ocasions. hes same age as oscar, and like a national sports hero in my country. hes still strong, precise, and cunning as hell. so, respect and experience at max.
    he breaks our ball always, hes mentionin our mothers when we miss, make bad pass, fall out of defence..everybody of us is better when in his team.

but tention he creates when himself having a bad shooting day never pays out. i m trying to say there is two kinds of breaking balls, one out of tough love, other out of desperation.
    this is him.

[​IMG]

MoonBus, MorningZippo, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  15. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

That because Klay didn't go down like Eric did for the Rockets

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Exactly this IMO. We are supposed to be pushing pace, catching them off guard with 3 seconds is the perfect time for a hurry up psuedo-transition 3.

If we hurry and push the pace right there the defense isn't set and brewer doesn't have that turnover (likely accredited to harden).

It's exactly like going 2 for 1. 2 hurried lower % shots yields a higher return than 1 higher % shot.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I think most people having the idea of "Harden crossing the mid court with 17 seconds left instead of faster pace is just lazy" is a false perception.

In the last few years under Mchale, I will agree with this, but not under MDA.

They said the Rockets offense is a free for all, but actually it does have a simple concept, which is certain kind of set play for the PG - Harden to make the decision.

He use the few extra seconds to cross the mid court because he want his teammates to be set in position, if he will see a mismatch right away or a back door opens, he will not hesitate to make a long pass for a easy 2, which sometimes people hate him for the TOV.

But most of the time, when all other 4 players are set in their position, normally the Rox big will come out to set a pick, in most cases, the other team will rotate or even double team James, and now its the perfect time for him to pass to our big that will roll to the basket, that's why they get so many easy baskets.

If that doesn't work well, he will have a big guarding him and he will still survey the floor for other teammates for open shots, if that's not there, he will either drive it to pull more defenders to him and then make a pass or go to the hoop, if all failed, he will pull up for a 3.

That's the ideal situation, when the team was playing well, that's how we got our points.

When we are not playing well, that means our bigs can't get free, or they have problem to finish at the rim while rolling, or other guys can not hit the wide open 3s, well that's all on his teammates.

But during this slump, you can also see that Harden is clearly responded late or not viewing the court better than before, mostly due to the double team pressure, and hence more bad passes and more TOVs.

As a leader, he has to remember, he got the ball all the time, everything starts from him, so that is no excuse for him to blame anyone on the court publicly, suck it up and do better as an example first, and your teammates will follow you.

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

dude is just fat and out of shape again.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Who? Keith Jones or Daryl Maury?

Balldon'tlie and hakeem94 like this.
  20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The play I was talking about starts with 4:19 on the clock in the 3rd quarter. Corey Brewer goes over the top of the pick signifying that he's staying with his man. But Dekker is there picking up Isaiah on the play. Isaiah makes the pass to the open man and the open man finds a cutter. Easy easy basket created by Dekker's unnecessary double of Isaiah.

D-rock likes this.