1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. invocux

invocux Member

Harden is a r*tard for this statement tbh.

2. RocketsDraftTV

the bucks used bam adebayo and guarded him straight up playing off him( daring him to shoot), spamming that shoulder down running football start to the rim wouldnt work in any other era. Not sure if another coach can get anymore outta giannis than coach bud. Giannis is very limited offensively

3. invocux

invocux Member

My logic is like this. If one is averaging 30 ppg then he clearly isn't offensively very limited.

4. RocketsDraftTV

giannis is averaging 30 because of how lax the rules are in todays game. If centers and power forwards could stay in the paint, and just wrap him up to send him to the line( 58% free-throw shooter) he would be more of a tayshaun prince/johnathan bender type than anything. The league even eliminated the hack-a-shaq rule and you can no longer stop fouls in transition lol. Offensive players are running wild

Stephen_A and invocux like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Russ got killed by the same media for saying the same thing

No he was dead right

pippendagimp likes this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm talking about this particular game not the series. Giannis is playing injured he injured his tailbone or w/e and he missed games. You act like he was healthy and played every game so far.

Who cares how Giannis did in 4Q and OT what matters is his oversll performance. If you gonna slam him for 38 and 20 what about the others who didnt out up 38 and 20 in the 4Q and OT?

They lost cuz Jimmy B put up an MJ performance but its not like Giannis was a flop out there. 38 and 20 is enough for 99% of opponents in this case he needed 41 and 20. Needing 41 and 20 tp not be clowned I mean thats just super dumb if you ask me.

#946 roslolian, Apr 28, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Who cares? He averaged more than 30ppg in leading his team to a title previously. He averaged 35.2 points, 13.2 rebounds and 5.0 assists in 6 games in the NBA Finals. Everyone sagged off him, everyone sent him to the line as much as possible. He also suffocates your offense on the other side of the ball. If you can get me 30 efficient points in the playoffs and great defense I don't care if it's cause of the rules or because a wizard gave you magic powers. He did it and it's counted towards the score.

You're busy wishing he scored the way you would like, but that's not the game we're playing here. We're playing the NBA with NBA rules whatever they are, whatever the league wants.