1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden hate

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tenguin, Apr 10, 2015.

1. tenguin

tenguin Member

any time i ever read comments about harden, its the same crap about flopping and shooting too many free throws. so i thought it would be interesting to go look in the comments after curry had a good game. total opposite of what harden gets. omg, best shooter ever and how many times did he get to the line? i understand that dude is playing absolutely insane this year, but the hate for the harden is unreal.

(rubs ears whispering woooo saaah)

just thought id rant since im bored at work. GO ROCKETS!!!

curry will aaron rodgers harden, but we know who the real MVP is.

2. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Look at all the top players in the league, they've all flopped at one time or another to get calls in their favors. The biggest negative versus Harden and Curry is the argument can be made about the total amount of wins each player on each team has.

Traditionally the MVP award goes to the best player on the best team, but I think there were times when the award went to other players on lesser ranked teams. Putting that issue aside, Curry is easier to watch because his game does not solely include drawing fouls.

I enjoy watching Harden play because he's the franchise player on my home team but if I were another fan watching a basketball game I would be bored out of my mind seeing Harden draw a shooting foul nearly every time he had the ball. It's incredibly efficient but not too easy to watch. If the Rockets end up with the 2nd seed in the West I think Harden's going to have a way better chance at getting the MVP award, if not then maybe there's next year.

Pretty crazy how just one year plus the new focus on Harden playing defense boosts Harden's reputation from a gifted offensive player to a possible MVP player.

3. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Harden shoots an average 10 FTAs which means like 5 foul shots. Those are 5 possessions per game that result in Harden foul shots. The Rockets pace is 96.4 possessions. That means out of 96.4 possessions Harden draws the foul 5 times.

Rockets fans, you guys need to stop believing the narrative that all Harden does is draw fouls. Don't believe the hype.

I completely understand if he went to the charity stripe like 5 times a quarter though, but the thing is he doesn't. Quit over exaggerating.

4. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Drawing fouls is not flopping. You give too much credit to the overall IQ of people.

Harden doesn't average that many more free throws than others. Westbrook has close to Harden on average and Durant in a recent year had a higher amount of attempts per game from the line.

Like c1utchfan925 for example, what an idiot. Nearly every possession Harden draws a foul? About 10 free throws per game, some of them are and-1's. 5-6 times he has been fouled per game approx. Besides, why does Harden get the heat when opponents...keep fouling him?!

I still don't get the issue overall. Jones was out, then Howard was out, Jones came back then was out again. Dmo is out the entire season, Beverly now out the entire season after missing games earlier on with injury.

If they want to just give it to the best player on the best team, end the voting, end the race. Just find the best record, and give it to that player and change the name.

Even Andrew ****ing Bogut has been healthy for Golden State.

5. tenguin

tenguin Member

its not that i believe the hype or that he gets to the line too much, its just frustrating as a rockets fan to not get the praise he deserves.

and why would fans get bored of watching a player get free throws, except the hack a shaq rule? we watch other players get tons of calls all the time, but i wouldnt say its boring.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Curry Flops on the defensive in.
    Actually I watch a few highlights of the game last night
    and MAN . . . How many of his open threes happened because of moving picks

I need to find a New XM Station cause NBA Radio is in full slob his knob mode right now

Rocket River

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have a problem with the lack of narrative on the fact that Players would rather hack Harden than allow him to shoot

Rocket River

8. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

The worst critics of Harden anywhere are right here...in the game thread. I've seen him called about every name in the books, accused of not trying, accused of not wanting to win, etc. etc. Not coincidentally many of the same mindless individuals that disparage Coach McHale exercise their lack of intelligence on Harden.

James Harden is the greatest player to play in Houston since Hakeem. He gets enough critics nationally and certainly does not need the hometown idiots to pile on. We are very fortunate to have him...God help us and this franchise without him.

9. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

NBA is a business....Harden should lose his beard to attract more popularity. ;)

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Curry flops. Lillard flops. Even LBJ flops. These guys are looking for the call as much as Harden is. Sure, Harden flops too, but as long as the refs reward guys I can't blame them for it.