1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden Defensive Highlights

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by split41, Apr 6, 2017.

1. split41

split41 Member

I'm so sick of the rep Harden has, because of that "defense" video that went viral.

Not sure if someone has posted this before, but I saw this video and thought my rockets peeps might enjoy it. Obviously it won't go viral (only has >10,000 view) as it's against everyone's preconceived notions of Harden.

2. Roxs-Redemption

He has improved since 2014 but can still be caught sleeping on defense occassionally.
    Was hoping it would include the two recent games Harden had against Nuggets (incl yesterday's one with three blocks). But realised it was upload late January. Good find though.

DonKnock and larsv8 like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

media conspiracy

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

can't believe that Clutchfans was responsible for the video that essentially ruined Harden's reputation...that video still follows him around to this day

AirBud#10 and DonKnock like this.
  5. split41

split41 Member

I think it was meant to actually benefit him and show our fanbase some holes in his game, but it exploded and everybody/casual fans were really quick to jump all over it. I think if the poster was a true rockets fan, he regrets it now. But that rep is going to follow Harden his whole career, which really sucks for the beard. No matter how many pro defensive highlights he has, people will always think any good defense by James is an anomaly. It's funny to think he got a few votes for all-defense before that video too iirc.

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Interesting article here: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-nba-players-who-are-too-busy-complaining-to-get-back-on-d/