1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Hallelujah] Bryant Gumbel decides to leave NFL Network

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by rikesh316, Apr 11, 2008.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807b681a&template=without-video&confirm=true

Bryant Gumbel has decided to give up his duties as the play-by-play voice for the NFL Network’s eight-game package of NFL games, NFL Network announced Firday. Gumbel served as the play-by-play announcer for NFL Network’s Thursday and Saturday Night Football games for the past two seasons.

"I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to call NFL Network games the past two years, which was a new experience for me," said Gumbel. "But we've agreed that we'd all be better served going in different directions. There are a lot of talented people at NFL Network. I thank them, I wish them well, and I have no doubt that they will be very successful going forward."

Gumbel, who has won multiple Emmy awards throughout his distinguished career, teamed with Cris Collinsworth the past two seasons on the NFL Network games. NFL Network will begin a search for a new play-by-play announcer to work alongside Collinsworth immediately.

"We appreciate everything Bryant did in helping us launch our NFL Network game telecasts," said NFL Network President and CEO Steve Bornstein. "Bryant helped create interest in our first foray into televising NFL regular-season games. He is one of the great broadcasters of our time and we are honored to have worked with him."

NFL Network airs seven days a week, 24 hours a day on a year-round basis and is the first television network fully dedicated to the NFL and the sport of football. For more information, log onto www.nfl.com/nflnetwork. NFL.com is the exclusive internet home of NFL Network.

2. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Now if they'd only get rid of Collinsworthless

3. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

"But we've agreed that we'd all be better served going in different directions. There are a lot of talented people at NFL Network."

Translation: I was a horrible play by play announcer and after two seasons of suckage, they let me go.

4. raw10628

raw10628 Contributing Member

Why does he have multiple Emmy awards? Does that say something about the validity of an Emmy? :eek:

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I think he is actually pretty good as a host of the right kind of show (i.e. Olympics coverage or something like that).

As a PBP man ... he is terrible

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Because Real Sports with Bryant Gumble is one of the best sports shows on TV ever?

7. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

he's gotta better from his fox days.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Hahaha... Bryant Gumbel = Milk Toast