1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Had to put my cat down yesterday

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by likestohypeguy, Jan 31, 2023.

1. likestohypeguy

Born on my birthday three novembers ago. He was special. A big boy that sucked all attention. Bubi was Pupu's third boyfriend. She's a black widow

[​IMG]

muscular af before i chopped his balls off

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

super long arms

[​IMG]

Thanks for checking him out. There's other cats here. The house still feels dead.

2. likestohypeguy

reverse supermanning pupu

[​IMG]

always wants to be touching someone

[​IMG]

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful cat. The feelings right after pet loss are horrible and the silent house after. It takes me about a month to move on from feeling like I let my pet down somehow because I couldn’t save said pet. I also ran over my childhood cat Bernie (a Siamese cat and the first pet I bonded with) in a terrible accident that still hurts to this day. The good news is the bad parts will fade and you will remember mostly positives about your cat as time passes. Hang in there!

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Sorry man, losing a pet sucks hard. RIP Bubi.

5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Dude, I am so sorry. I had to do the same thing 2 years ago and I cried all the way home from the vet. About 3 months later I adopted 2 little tabby`s (sister & sister) and they are spoiled rotten. Sorry dude, it will get better

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  6. likestohypeguy

Thanks for sharing that time frame. I was wondering. Haven't lost one quite like this before. Ofc in a moment you swear you'll never get another. But then I watch pupu go to bubi's blanket, smell it and do the massage and pull with his mouth thing on it he always did, she did it herself for the first time ever. She's not right either.

Just no more boys, inside. Crystalline solid blockages are real once they start, and this was the third go round. It was a hard decision. I had to be the bad guy. A surgery not even the vet wanted to do. Pupu and her old bf Snuggle (RIP) meeting Baby Bubi for the first time (never had any fear, he and his dad would chase racoons bigger than them off):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Okay that's it. Thanks for seeing it.

#6 likestohypeguy, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  7. likestohypeguy

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Sorry for your loss, op. He was a beautiful cat. About the only good thing about my 2nd marriage (other than seeing my son every day) was that I owned a beautiful cat named Petunia. I saw her recently when I took my son back to his mother recently and she (Petunia) of course acted like she didn't remember me. It sucked and sucked hard. Cats are beautiful creatures and one day I'll have another one.

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Damn very sorry to hear that. I have an 18 year old cat and I know her time will be coming sooner than later. I've already determined when she can't climb the stairs when will hard decisions will have to be made.

ROCKSS likes this.
  10. likestohypeguy

[QUOTE="likestohypeguy, post: 14486627, member: 44013"][/QUOTE]

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sorry man, looks like he was loved. May be too soon but think about it like this, he left this world so you could do the same for somebody else cold and alone in a shelter. That’s what I told myself about our dog

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've lost several cats over the years and when I think about them, even ones that died more than a decade ago, I still get sad. My big chonky girl who sleeps next to me and likes to steal my dinner off of my plate had to go to the ER last month with pancreatitis. I was a mess for several days.

I've had many boys over the years, in fact I took in an absolute unit of a tom in a couple of weeks ago. The key is to make sure they always have clean, fresh water that they want to drink, and that they get into the habit when very young. I have several water fountains and the cats love them and no issues. The only guy I ever had who had crystals in urine was abnormally adverse to drinking, and it was before I understood how important it is to keep them hydrated.

I'm genuinely sympathetic and empathetic to your loss. I'm sorry.

Surfguy and Rashmon like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

had a cat "ket" years ago. but thankfully she ran away before we got to see her pepsi.

i don't get pets cus i hate to see them pepsi.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Only 3 years old, that sucks man. I've had my dog for nearly 10 years now, it's going to be brutal for me. Your not alone

studogg likes this.
  15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Ugh. Brutal. Too young. So sorry for your loss. Animals are special. Thanks for sharing pictures of your wonderful kitty.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sorry for you r loss and just want to echo what Ottoman said. Our Old Man Muff passed last year but life was extended after the purchase of a couple of these:
    [​IMG]
    He was a reluctant water drinker, had surgery when he was young for crystals, but once he was no longer afraid of the water fountain he thrived.

Surfguy likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That dude was ripped -- he looks like a cross with a bobcat.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  18. likestohypeguy

As if on cue, a different inside/outside cat we'd taken care of for years who had gone missing for months through freezes we assumed dead, returned when he was most needed. Super snuggly and loving, this black fella came back home this evening (different than the black cat meeting baby bubi in the video above, but Ik related):

[​IMG]

You should see his dad, who kept his balls and remained even bigger and leaner. almost all white, pure outside the house cat. they are just massive house cats.

#18 likestohypeguy, Feb 1, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    Rashmon and Xerobull like this.
  19. likestohypeguy

BTW have that exact fountain with the filters, and water at each end of the house. Fed him nothing but the Rx urinary care food since his first of what would be three rounds of blockage. This cat, bubi would drink soap scum water from the bottom of the tub than fresh clean water. Who knows what else. I did everything within my means to take care of him. Pupu is almost 9 years old, no problems. Appreciate all the tips & acknowledgements.

Rashmon likes this.