1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys, We Really Need To Stop Overrating Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Dec 27, 2009.

1. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

It's obvious that you are experiencing emotional turmoil after the sudden loss of Hakeem and co.

You should just change your moniker to Landry>Lebron to avoid confusion

2. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

The only one who is as good as Landry on the offensive end out of that bunch is Odom. Landry easily would get a ton of shots if he was on the Lakers and there was no Kobe or Pau as he is a really efficient player, as the stats show.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

who's a more efficient PF than landry right now?

4. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Landry is offensively better than all of those guys.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The Rockets offense is not predicated on creating ISO's for any one player, its about ball movement and who ever has the high percentage open shot should take it.

If you put Landry on the Lakers as a sub he might very well play the majority of his minutes playing with guys like Jordan Farmar instead of Kobe and Pau. In a different offense Phil might actually direct the offense to put the ball in Landry's hands more than he currently has with the Rockets. However, at this point all we can due is make assumptions on fiction scenarios.

Looking at Landry's production, offensive efficiency and the fact that he is doing it at crunch time make it just laughable that anyone would think he is overrated.

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Being a better player does not automatically mean you get more shots, look at own team and the shot distribution.

7. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Let me dust off an old goody from second grade: you're dumb.

8. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

What's so funny about Aznoob?

9. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Azn = People think I'm an Yao-only fan.

Noob = Self explanatory.

A combo of the two? No one hardly takes any I post seriously.

10. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

*thing

11. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

Haha, hey you said it. :grin:

I take you seriously though cuz I'm asian as well.

12. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Hey, then we should tell Yao to tell Morey to keep TMac, eh?

;)

13. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

Spoke to him a couple hours ago. :p

14. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

Good! Hope he's doing well.

(I'll stop spamming now. Sorry, Clutch. :D )

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lopez is the one who's overrated. If he was so good why did his team go 0-19 despite him putting up "beastley" numbers? They were a lottery team last year as well, but they didn't contend for worst start of the century. All they really lost was Carter, and they some talent back in that trade.

Lopez also plays the same position as Yao Ming on our team, remember him? Yao Ming on one leg is better than Lopez right now, and that's not saying much. Why would we trade our best scoring threat for someone who'll only get 15 mins max next year?

16. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

Effort hard work blah blah blah the truth is all of you fans are buying into this media garbage. The rockets are winning mainly not because of teamwork or great coaching their winning because they have a talented team of players. Luis Scola has talent he is underated and is always around a double double Aaron Brooks is a top ten point guard and dangerous scorer, Shane battier defense is top notch. Trevor ariza is a talented athlete who is also a big time defender. Kyle Lowry is a starting caliber point guard. C bud definitely has talent. Last but definitely not least our best player Carl Landry a guy who can not be guarded by one player great mid range j dynamic finisher inside and plays with aggresion oh and by the way shoots 58 f ing percent from the field. When you have a poor mans version of deron williams and Boozer in Landry and Ab your not lacking talent. In the imortal words of Phil Jackson lets give these guys some f ing credit.

17. matthappy

matthappy Member

I am also excited at this guy, for overrating issue my answer is "not yet" .the fact was carl ranked No2 scorer in 4th quarter,avaged 17 points and 6 rebounds.can u still neglect this ? he is actually the go-to guy in this team.and what terrify us is that he is still improving.I don't think this is his peak right now.he would be at at least as the same level as lamar odom .Due to the amazing production ,his age,his basketball IQ,I would say this guy meant to be an all star player.

18. matthappy

matthappy Member

ooooooooo.I can't agree with u any more.

all u said is actually what I am going to express.

19. maw7079

maw7079 Member

please.... never start a thread again. Landry is pretty much a star talent right now... whether you like it or not. WATCH A GAME!!!!

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sure, we do have talented players that help us. But the effort and stuff really do help us during the course of the game. I've seen countless plays where hustling led to scoring runs and such.