1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys, We Really Need To Stop Overrating Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

+10000000

Landry is not overrated. He is just amazing. It's too bad he plays for the Rockets, if he were on the Celtics or Lakers, the national media would be ALL over him like brown on rice.

He's special, and will only get more special-er.

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If he was on the Celtics or the Lakers he would average about 10 points and no one would talk about him.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That is strictly opinion on your part. You have no fact to back up that fact.

The Rockets are one of the better teams in the league and Landry is one of their better players and best offensive force. Those two little nuggets are facts.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

And Kobe would score 100 points a game if he were on the Rockets right? Because our team sucks so much, and our offense is a train wreck. :rolleyes:

5. crash5179

I know right? And our team is so bad that there is no way we will make the play-offs. YaoMac09 must be a basketball savant. :rolleyes:

6. PeppermintCandy

Since Landry is in the race for this year's Sixth Man award, I looked up the previous winners:

2001-02 Corliss Williamson
    2002–03 Bobby Jackson
    2003–04 Antawn Jamison
    2004–05 Ben Gordon
    2005–06 Mike Miller
    2006–07 Leandro Barbosa
    2007–08 Manu Ginóbili
    2008–09 Jason Terry

That's a pretty high-powered group. Is Landry as good as these guys?

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Say he played on the Lakers..Yea he would still be the go to guy in the last...Yea the offense would run through him when he is on the court :rolleyes:

There is only one ball on the court :rolleyes:

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

And you must be a moron :rolleyes:

The Rockets play hard and play as a team, they will make the playoffs but get knocked out when the opposing team's playing intensity increases because the Rockets lack TALENT.

Talent does not equal effort, but you are too simple to understand the concept.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think he's as good or better than everybody on that list with the exceptions of Manu and Jamison. Those guys are better than Landry.

10. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

If you ran the Lakers, who would you want? Odom or Landry?

11. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If you ran the Lakers, would he become the focal point when he is on the floor?

If you ran the Lakers, would you go to him in the 4th?

Answer those, before you even think about asking me questions.
    FYI Landry because Odom is a sack of rocks.

12. crash5179

I know. Landry is so lucky to be on such a suck ass team like the Rockets with such a scrub like Scola playing in front of him. :rolleyes:

He could never be this efficient a scorer for long. I mean its not like he has been this efficient for the past three seasons right? :rolleyes:

It's not like Carl could ever put up these types of numbers on a play-off caliber team right? :rolleyes:

Imagine if Brandon Roy played for the Lakers. His numbers would go down playing behind Kobe. Damn he sure sucks right? :rolleyes:

YaoMac09 the basketball savant! :rolleyes:

13. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

I think he'd fit nicely in that group! He's not worse nor better than any of those guys.

Is he putting up the same type of numbers? Yes. Does he deserve the award so far? Yes.

14. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Whatever makes you sleep at night child.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

If so. Why is Shane Battier in the NBA? Why is Chuck Hayes in the NBA? Think of the Rockets as a band of slightly less-talented players that nobody else in the NBA wanted. But through sheer teamwork, hustle, and effort, they are able to play at a level far greater than any of these other 'talent-stacked' teams.

Based on your talent assessment the Rockets should be 0-30.
    And the Nets should be 20-10. Just because they have Devin Harris.
    Should Lakers be 30-0 to you as well?

Talent isn't everything, and it shouldn't be considered everything. You know how good of a role model this Rocket team is? Everyone doubts them, but they teach hard work to kids that want to reach their goals.

16. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

If you ran the Lakers, would he become the focal point when he is on the floor? Is Lamar Odom the focal point when he is on the floor? Why is he considered so highly then? The discussion was not who the player the offense would run through, the discussion was...would Landry get the same type of attention if he played for the Lakers.

If you ran the Lakers, would you go to him in the 4th? Do they go Lamar in the 4th? Why would they go to Landry? I think you already answered my question at the bottom. So thanks.

Answer those, before you even think about asking me questions.
    FYI Landry because Odom is a sack of rocks.

17. crash5179

What? Is this possible? The Basketball Savant has no basketball related come back? No facts to support your arguments?

Maybe you should order NBA League Pass and come back when you learn the basketball is round.

18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Did you miss everything i said about effort.....My god

19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Are you a LOF or a moron?

20. josh_is_white

josh_is_white Member

to hell with u!! he is awsome