1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys, We Really Need To Stop Overrating Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Dec 27, 2009.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i dont think it was necessary to start this thread over what a few posters said....happens every game night with different players....and he's underrated for sure....not sure how anyone can overrate him though. At this point he's still growing, stillhasnt had the benefit of starting and getting big minutes consistently. We dont know his ceiling just yet.He may not become a go to guy, he's been clutch for us in crunch time this year, but his weakness offensively i think its still his inability to have a solid go to move. He gets his points throught hardk work and a variation of moves, but to be a consistent go to guy you eventually need a consistent go to move/game. Doesnt matter though, even if he develops into a shawn marion/jamison type, who just puts up big numbers in the flow of an offense, he can still be very important to the team.

2. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

Overrating Carl Landry? I think not.

Signed,

The scoreboard

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I love how you try to absolve your hatred with that little disclaimer there.

Obviously . . you do not LOVE CARL LANDRY
    Admit it
    and
    move on

Rocket River
    . . . I doubt anyone is foolish enough to believe that isht

Tired of people hiding their hatred behind euphemistic crap like that
    oooooo . . i'm just trying to be honest
    oooooo . .. i love him but. . . . .
    oooooo . . .I ain't trying to be mean but . . . .

Say what ya mean and accept the consequences. . .

BE A MANdry ABOUT IT!!!

4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

He is only overrated when people use him as a part of the Scolandry combo and say that "he" (as if Scolandry is 1 player) is better than Bosh, Dirk etc..

5. herro

herro Member

2 stars is overrating this thread

terrible.

6. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Sorry, he has more 20pt games than anyone else on the team. He is very efficient. He plays bigger and stronger than he actually is. I dont think he's overrated on this board. He is the best player out there right now. And he has sticktuitiveness. Loads of it.

New rating for NBA 2K11: Sticktuitiveness: Landry gets a 99

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

In order to become an all-star he needs to improve on defense and rebounding. Scoring wise he is almost there. We would be very fortunate if he signed up for the full MLE. I'm glad that management has a team option on him.

#47 saleem, Dec 27, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  8. MandM's

MandM's Member

he is producing with the playing time he is getting.

i wouldn't rate him at all. he is a professional player....plAYING SOLID MINUTES and putting up some numbers. solid. not great but not shabby.

alot of players have had these kind of minutes and done nothing. he is doing his damn thing.

can he be a franchise player? no

can he be a big part of a championship team? you betcha.

don't disrespect him by either under rating or over. Just say that the guy is doing a damn good job.

As soon as you say under rated there will be people that will tear his numbers apart with stats.

As soon as soon as you over rated he won't be able to provide what a true franchise player can (consistently).

He can't win either way.

let's just not rate him at all and let him do his thing man

9. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

Men lie, women lie and numbers don't

10. caneks

caneks Rookie

I only see cheering on Landry.

11. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Lool. Landry is one of my favorite players in the WHOLE league. I think he has been playing phenomenal this season. My only beef is when people try and say he's an all star. I guess I sent the wrong message with this thread.

12. number22

number22 Member

Yes landry is overrated. But landry is no more.
    Mandry is as real as it gets :cool:

13. FariyadTheKing

haha good one :grin:

14. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I wouldn't call a guy who pretty much averages 17 ppg 6 rpg a 1 bpg with a 58% field goal percentage at 26 mpg overrated. Give this guy starter's minutes at at least 34 mpg and you could have yourself a 20 and 8 guy.

Overrated? I don't think so.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

WOOW..

We are true fans of our team..
    :eek: :eek:

16. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Agreed.

17. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

im tired of all the bs lets not consider that landry is only 6 7 and a second round pick. If Landry was picked in the lottery the whole nba would be buzzing about how this guy if a future allstar. Landry is alot like boozer both were second round picks and nobody ever envisioned that boozer would be an allstar. Landrys numbers dont lie say what u want but just watch the games anyone with two eyes can see that Landry is one of the most efficient scorers in the nba. He cannot be guarded by 1 player, he has a great medium range jumper is a dynamic finisher and plays with aggresion. His numbers say allstar caliber player and to top it off he is one of the leaders in the entire nba in scoring in the 4th. Honestly if Landry was a lottery pick every one and their mother would be saying that this guy is legit. Landry hitting his ceiling are u crazy hes just getting started. Anybody can put up numbers if they jack up shots u know like trevor ariza but how many guys can put up numbers while shooting 58 f ing percent. Let me finish by saying this i can care less about being politically correct im tired of hearing about Landry for 6th man of the year the guy needs to be put iin the starting lineup take out hayes or scola i dont care because Landry is flat out the best player on the Rockets

18. duran2u

duran2u Member

Carl is a monster

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

So WHY exactly do we need to quit overrating Landry? What will happen if we continue to overrate him? How will our overrating him hurt the team? :confused: :confused:

20. Wolfpack101

Wolfpack101 Member

Carl Landry overrated? Please. I guarantee you that if Landry played big minutes, says 36-40 per game, hed average 20 and 10. Landry is an all-star talent and that is simply the truth. He is the PF of our future, and by next year the scolandry combination needs to be reversed, with Luis playing the 6th man role and carl getting the starter minutes. Carl Landry is not a 6th man, hes a starting NBA forward.

One thing that impresses me about Landry is his improvement each year. his first year he was for the most part a hustle player that only got his points from putbacks and easy feeds from McGrady (ala Chuckwagon during that time). His second year he developed a somewhat decent jumpshot and added a face-up game. This year he has improved his jumpshot even more, added a jump hook, and even fadeaway baseline jumpers. I see him as being a more explosive Carlos Boozer at his peak, and believe me that aint bad.