1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys, We Really Need To Stop Overrating Carl Landry

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Dec 27, 2009.

1. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

Let's start underrating him right before contract signing time.

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Let's consider that Landry is overrated. What better player to overrate than he?

You're talking about a guy who does not complain. Accepts his role. Has made him self available for improvement on all aspects of his game. Plays with passion, smarts and complete selflessness. His hard work over the years is inspiring and should have much more recognition for his work.

IMHO he is far from overrated and has not peaked yet. Even if he has, I would not want to part ways with him. He is warrior.

3. Majinalchemy

Majinalchemy Member

He was double teamed the whole game and got 27 points again. Why didn't OP give a reason why not?

4. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Also, to add:

There are six PF's averaging more PPG than Landry (Bosh, Dirk, Amar'e, Z. Randolph, Boozer, and Al Harrington) and only two PF with more PPG PER 48 mins, on the highest FG%.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Landry had the best offensive rating last year too. If I could get bosh, amare, dirk, cp3 etc. I would trade him, but otherwise I think he is great and love having him.

6. raj87

raj87 Member

At this point in time, Luis Scola is still the superior all around power forward.

7. Convictedstupid

Disagree. Mandry is putting up ridiculous numbers consistently.

8. raj87

raj87 Member

Kindly note that efficient scoring prowess does not a complete power forward make.

9. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

Scola and Landry, the two-headed beast that started in 2007-08. Last year we forgot about that with all the Artest and later the Wafer hype. It's time to bring them back because they are playing great.

I've seen Scola making moves I haven't seen before and Landry is already making a case for himself in being a starter in the next few years. It's amazing what this guy is doing, especially outside of scoring. Losing teeth, getting shot and still standing strong ? A true Rocket is what I see and I'm starting to fall in love with him all over again like in 2008.

I just hope this year's playoffs we can count on him. #14 has proven to be legendary, just look at the striker Johan Cruijff (football - Ajax)

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I would trade Yao for Brook Lopez.

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

cool story bro.

12. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

People think if they say objective crap it makes them sound smart....Well it doenst. None of us here are professional sports writers...if you wanted to talk objective you should go to a "sports writer's" forum....This is a fan site!

Landry is the next 34

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Landry is the best player on our active roster. When people look back a decade from now and wonder how we made the playoffs without an all-star, it will be no surprise because we will have had our best player coming off the bench and putting up 20PPG in just under 30MPG. Which will be absurd really, because Landry is top 10 in PER right now AND this is no fluke (he's shooting at a 58.2% clip right now and his career FG% is 58.4). He's got crazy agility, crazy finishing ability, and a soft touch on his jump shot/free throw to boot. His nickname should not be Mandry. It should be Animalandry. Tis no man thar.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Agreed.

The reason for our success this season is our 2 very strong PFs, our 2 above average PGs, and our defensive trio that accompanies them.

Keep it up guys!

15. FariyadTheKing

TRUE ROCKET?....I DON'T THINK SO....you are a fake Rocket...how in the world do you come up with this assumption when this kid is putting up ALL-STAR numbers?!? Get lost...seriously

16. BK219

BK219 Member

I don't think we're overrating him. Most people agree that Lopez is better than Landry and nobody is saying Landry is a superstar, what we're saying is that when you compare his production to his salary he's by far the best bargain in the NBA. He consistently gives us 20 off the bench, has become our go to guy, is extremely efficient on offense and provides energy and consistency night in and night out. Yeah, his defensive rebounding leaves a little to be desired, but overall Landry has exceeded expectations and is playing extremely well. If you think saying that is overrating him, then I'm glad I'm overrating him.

17. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

I think this is what TOF believes and overrates him

When this thread bashes overrating Mandry, SheMac threads flood all over the place. SheMac is the only 1 overrated player in our team right now

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Landry is highly efficient on offense, a very good 6th man.

His D and rotations are still not there, nor is his blocking out....but he is very good.

DD

19. zoids

zoids Member

I don't think Carl Landry is overrated. I would pay him full MLE to re-sign him easily, given his consistency on doing the right things on the court RIGHT NOW.

If he ends up can expand his role to 40mins per game and up his avg proportionally, he can easily earn 12-15mil a year and become the next All-Star.

This is not as far reach as it seems, folks.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yeah I absolutely love Landry but I have to ask...who are all these people saying they'd keep him over Lopez? Centers are just so rare these days, and Scola is our second best player right now (Landry at a 24.5 PER, Scola around 18, then no one else above 15 which is supposed to be league average) so we'd be dealing from a position of strength. I think for this team you gotta take Lopez over Landry but of course that deal would never be offered from NJ's side.