1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Guys That Wear Colored Contacts?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by astros148, Aug 12, 2008.

Tags:
  1. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Pretty sure they had them 1968. :D

Colored "soft" contacts were all the rage in the mid-80's as "new" technology in eye wear.

2. astros148

astros148 Member

what bad results do you get?

IF i do get them, I already have brown eyes, ill prou jsut get light brown or hazel or something, wouldnt get Blue or something that looks too fake.

3. JD2010

JD2010 Member

I have a friend with Hazel eyes, and he's always getting compliments and/or laid because of it.
    Then again that's his natural eye color, so idk if you would get the same result ;)

4. Asian Sensation

What's next are you going to frost your hair while your at it? Calf implants perhaps? I really hope your 16 or something and this is just a phase.

5. astros148

astros148 Member

lmfao hahahahahahah. Nah im 19. lmfao @ the frost your hair. i lol'd

6. astros148

astros148 Member

i doubt hes gettign lazy just based on his eye color.

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Maybe true but if it doesnt lead to getting laid, why do it really?

If its to "enhance your look", but really deep down its to enhance your look...kinda homo

If its to "enhance your look", but really deep down you hope it draws in some poon...you're just being acceptably eccentric

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was wearing them in 1968! :)

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i wouldn't personally do it but i'd like to see an experiment where someone sees how many numbers they could get at one place with normal eye color and then another place with the colored contacts. it wouldn't give perfect results but i'm sure you could tell with with which you were getting better responses.

i'd hate for someone to date me because my eyes are blue, but if it helps you get laid i guess it's worth a shot. :)

10. IROC it

I was counting on either you or B-Bob to confirm it... hahaha

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

God, they were horrible, when I look back at it. Hard plastic that had no flex at all. They ended up flattening my corneas over several years, although my corneas got their shape back, eventually. I could see 20/10 with them, however. Extremely sharp focus with those puppies.

12. IROC it

Wow. I have a 20/15 in my soft ones... that amazes people all the time when I read small print across a room...

My aunt had some of those hard ones back in the early 70's. She hated them.

Didn't they have glass ones too in the 50's? I remember old movies using the "I dropped my contact" gag...

13. YourSecretLover

since im asian everyone knows i wear contacts because asians dont have blue eyes....the only bad things some of my female friends say is that i look like a mutant and stuff like that. however most girls say it looks nice so im not worried. im just experimenting with my looks and all. im probably gonna start wearing glasses for the schoolboy look ;)

14. IROC it

Get some "Costello's."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2k4ZXzhwCkM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2k4ZXzhwCkM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I don't recall if they were glass, but contacts were around back then. Very expensive and not too many people had them. I got mine in 1965 and I didn't know anyone else with them at the time (what can I say? I lived in Southeast Houston! ;) ). They were fairly easy to break. I broke a few cleaning them. When rubbing them between my fingers with cleaning solution, sometimes they were caught between them awkwardly and just snapped clean in half. Bummer!

16. astros148

astros148 Member

I'm thinking of giving them a shot just to see the responses

17. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I want some zombie contacts...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I changed mine from brown to **** brown

19. randomdude

randomdude Member

Over over over thinking about something just to attract chicks never gets you laid.

I would only go for it if you personally want to for your own self-confidence. Be ready to take positive/negative comments on it, and still with the contacts for a while if you do get them. If you get them and the response from chicks is mostly bad, taking them off right away will make you look like a pu**y.

20. randomdude

randomdude Member

stick*