1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

groupon: signed hakeem jersey

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by CourtOfDreams, Aug 8, 2011.

1. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

http://gr.pn/pTd4Za

229 for signed authentic hakeem jersey...
    Seemed like a good deal but I don't have the cash but thought that I would pass it on

2. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

DAMN DAMN DAMN

I so want this but i dont have the money to spend to get it right now

3. AverageAgain

AverageAgain Member

the jersey is not authentic it is custom stitched, the pic used is from Fiterman Sports....

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I have been looking for a signed Hakeem jersey for a while. You'd think a signed jersey from the most beloved Houston sports figure ever wouldn't be that hard to find, especially at Houston based regional sports shows.

This is tempting, but I've been trying to target an authentic jersey, however this one would look nice framed and the price is low enough to get a nice frame job. Might have to consider it.

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

I'm not really a collector, but I'd but this just to frame it and put it on my wall, but good lord that is a lot of dough. If it was the authentic $200 Mitchell/Ness jerseys, i'd do it

I'd think just buying the jersey for $75 and catching him at a Tri-Star show or something, pay like $100 for his sig is cheaper than doing this, no certificate of authenticity, but I'd never sell it....

1 person likes this.
  6. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

**** Ryan Fiterman

7. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Who? Why?

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The guy that got Hakeem to sign all that stuff. Calvin Murphy told him to give me an autographed ball earlier this year, and he was all friendly about it and told me to email him and he'd get it to me right away. Long story short, he wanted me to beg for it. When I talked to Calvin again back in June, I told him what happened, and he didn't look surprised. Screw that guy. It's a shame these athletes don't know what kind of person they have representing them.

9. bushwickbillyd

bushwickbillyd Contributing Member

@AverageAgain
    Yeah, if you go to Powers Collectibles website, that jersey is garbage. The font on the back isn't even right. In that picture he is signing replica swingman style jerseys. :rolleyes:

Also, Hakeem has never done a Tri-Star show and has only done a hand-full of private signings since retiring.

10. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

Well ****, now I hope that noone ordered this jersey after people did the research. I just went on the picture and the word "authentic"
    Move along there is nothing to see here.

11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Maybe if you put he came he conquered or whatever that t shirt guy was doing on it...

12. bushwickbillyd

bushwickbillyd Contributing Member

13. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Not even I would pay that much