1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Abbott limits weenies!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DaDakota, Mar 14, 2024.

1. Xopher

Xopher Member

Again you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. STATE LAW allows you to purchase/make a supressor, made in Texas, without the tax stamp. You cannot and will not be arrested or charged by any STATE official. Kind of like weed in states where it is legal. It is still illegal federally so the feds can charge you, but the state won't. This is now in the process of going through the courts, but I can manufacture then sell you a supressor and the state won't do a damn thing.

I also see you ignored the part about me being able to purchase a gun in a parking lot from some dude off the street.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Zone Erotica closed too soon.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

41 states have no restrictions on suppressors. That's the link I supplied. That metric in no way supports Texas is the least restrictive. It supports it is not in the top ten of most restrictive states.

People spending millions of dollars to make guns illegal (Giffords) feel Texas is 31/50 on gun laws. You have no real facts.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The anti p*rn agenda is one that could really bite the GOP in the butt. The GOP really really needs to keep the Joe Rogan types in their voting coalition. If they’d just use the word woke all the time then that coalition will vote Trump and R down ballot this year. Ban these bro’s p*rn and they’ll vote RFK and pull Trump votes.

5. Bandwagoner

Texas is one of 30 states without universal background checks. Pls explain how that makes it the most restrictive. All of the stuff everyone here is saying applies to the majority of states.

6. Xopher

Xopher Member

No state allows the sale/manufacture of a supressor WITHOUT filling out an ATF Form 1 or 4 and paying the tax stamp fee, except Texas.

7. Xopher

Xopher Member

Texas is ranked 8 and 9 by guns and ammo and ammo.com as one of the most friendly states for gun owners. Besides, I am not the one who said it was the least restrictive.

#47 Xopher, Mar 15, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
  8. Bandwagoner

whats your evidence of that. these are all NFA federal regulations. Like I said some states (10 years before Texas which is always behind on these things) have passed laws saying you don't need to follow the NFA on suppressors if not interstate commerce. Kansas was one and morons ended up in federal prison.

41 states don't regulate suppressors, texas is one of them.

9. Bandwagoner

Then why are you arguing with me. I said it is middle of the pack. Argue with the people who said "least restrictive gun laws in the US by a wide margin"

Instead you responded that you can buy one in "a parking lot" like you can in the majority of states.

Texas is restrictive on a ton of stuff. It's rep is a paper tiger. High property tax, no lane splitting for motorcycles. The conservatives here are all boomer fudds. This pr0n thing is just the latest example of their thinking.

10. Bandwagoner

I don't know how much ammo.com knows but my guess is the organization spending tens of millions of dollars to lobby governments for more restrictive guns laws (Giffords) has more expertise in which governments are restrictive. They've probably thought it out a bit more.

11. Buck Turgidson

Because he's a piece of ****

Welcome to Texas.

Ubiquitin and Andre0087 like this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

You're sick in the ****ing head.

Glad you can't.

Ubiquitin and Andre0087 like this.
  13. Bandwagoner

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i hope you get the likes you are baiting

Ubiquitin likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Bandwagonner is clearly an NRA shill.

DD

Ubiquitin likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

More guns = more gun violence

Ubiquitin likes this.
  16. Bandwagoner

NRA supported wait period, hand gun bans, machine gun bans and bump stock bans. NRA is worthless.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

What fact did i get wrong and what Texan did i call racist .

18. Xopher

Xopher Member

19. Bandwagoner

Why were you replying to my post and what was the point of the cartoon showing a black student being discriminated against and the white student about to do a school shooting.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I wonder if and when this will be appealed all the way to the SCOTUS. Age verification seems to potentially violate both free speech and the right to privacy.