1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green/Temple traded to Clips for Bradley

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Feb 7, 2019.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This is some bull. Can we get in on a collusion case please?

2. JW86

JW86 Member

Can't trade **** for gold, Memphis made the right financial move and talent wise too.

malakas likes this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

I hope their is another trade coming because i want the clippers to tank. No need for solid glue guys on a tanking team.

5. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

False.

Bradley has played a grand total of 6 games this season due to injury and is still considered day-to-day at this point in the season. Brandon Knight had an extra year left on his contact.

This was strictly a financial move.

biff17 likes this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Of course there is no evidence .

It comes down to whether or not you trust Tillman

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Is Marcin Gortat that bad nowadays? I always thought he was a decent backup but I haven't watched him for years.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Remember when a clutchfans member saw Tilman at the bar and he just started talking about Rockets stuff he probably shouldn't be talking about to some rando? Tilman kind of just talks about stuff when asked. There is a reason that video of Tilman saying some teams aren't honorable was taken down.

And then you have trusted insiders confirming it is all the evidence I need.

hakeem94 and malakas like this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I doubt tilman got really screwed . We may have been screwed in terms of hedgeing our bets on a particular trade playing out .

We lost out on green and Ellington ok ...

We made a quick backup move to get shumpert who is > Ellington .

Instead of continuing to try and improve the team .... either by getting future assets or a good player ... we opted to straight salary dump .

Look man , I love the rockets , I'm a huge fan of Morey , I'm almost always gonna give the FO the benefit of the doubt .

But from everything tilman has said and done .... I don't trust him .

We have 3 years to get under the lux tax .

Why punt this year when harden is playing at GOAT level and CP3 is a year younger ?

You have some decent depth . Sure the league is looking like a bloodbath , but you've got the best player . Also , is waiting to "blow your load" really the best idea given how old/ injury prone cp is ?

The reason the video got taken down is tilman knows it's a bad look .... regardless of it it's true .

If cost savings were going straight into $ we are gonna spend on buyout players .... then that's one thing . But , the buyout market is so speculative.... and some of the good players already found more desireable situations .

MrSabotage and Little Bit like this.
  11. DLX94

DLX94 Member

Toronto, Milwaukee and Philly got taller and stronger.... Houston...well...we got shorter. Hope there's more good news.

MrSabotage likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I really don't get what's the point to give up Green and Temple for Bradley here, Memphis literally didn't even get a 2nd rounder here?

EDIT: maybe to tank better lol

13. Nook

Nook Member

Because Knight had an extra year at $15,000,000 that the Clippers and Grizzlies did not want to touch.

FWIW I think the Clippers did well in this trade.

West is still the best GM in the league. He hosed the Sixers in the deal yesterday as well.

Deuce, Vivi and malakas like this.
  14. malakas

malakas Member

They believe they will be able to sell their capspace this summer for a higher price than the Rocket's first.

15. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

gortat declined quite a bit physically the last couple years in washington

bj3175 likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

No ok, i get that, but what's the reason to swap two expiring players for a worse expiring player without getting at least a sweetener? DId they do that literally just to weaken the roster and be abel to tank better?

#36 Vivi, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  17. malakas

malakas Member

they didn't find someone offering an expiring + a 2nd rounder...?
    I don't know, it's not like the Grizzlies FO is the brightest out there.

Anyway if I were them I would also have taken the Clippers offer over taking on Knight.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

No but don't even consider the Rockets, i'm just saying, they traded two players expiring for one player expiring, and the two players they traded, are better than the player they got back so, i literally can't find a reason to do that, am i missing something here? I mean, they open up a roster spot and/or weakend the roster...or maybe they think think Bradley is someone to resign? :confused:

malakas likes this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

are you asking if it was a pointless trade without any rhyme or reason to do?:D

They probably are more interested to see what Bradley is about and if he's worth resigning next summer but yes. Pretty pointless.

On the other hand, the whole trade season Detroit have been acting like a drunk sailor and noone is commenting on it.

Vivi likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty much...i just saw that Bradley's contract has 2M guaranteed for next season if released before 3 of July, maybe they want to see if they can use his salary for a trade...

malakas likes this.