1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green and Whitmore off the ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If what you think you know about basketball disagrees with what is objectively happening on the court, it's what you think you know that is faulty.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He benefits a lot from Alpi boxing out for him, or just gifting him the uncontested rebound. Most rebounds Jalen gets are uncontested, and he gets them jumping back towards the own basket while most opposing players are already running back on defense.

slothy420 and DaDakota like this.
  3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol that’s your reality. Everyone is entitled to it. Everyone has an opinion and their own “analysis” but when the opinion includes “he sucks” or the “analysis” only cites a few obscure normalized metrics that hardly tells the whole story and without any specifics from the player’s on court performance then the assessment or judgement is questionable at best and lacks any backing. It’s just that—an opinion not necessarily rooted in facts or evidence or knowledge. And that’s what you do Bobby. That’s what many do on here. We have been thru this before Bobby lol. You keep getting emotional as if I attacked you. It’s getting old.

#143 Stephen_A, Jan 20, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they are not entitled to their own reality.

If your opinion is contrary to objective reality, it means that opinion is wrong.

You can still have it, you can still think whatever you want, but it just won't have any value.

ThrillaNManilla likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s dumb dude. Your reality certainly isn’t everyone’s reality lol. This can go into a long discussion about subjective and objective reality and will probably take years knowing how you argue everything and never listen for shi+ lol thanks for the laughs again bobby

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Your opinion that Jalen is a 21 year old bust is a predictive opinion not a reality. If you were just saying that Jalen is not good right now, that is an objective reality. Only a few dumbasses get upset that you think Jalen is a bad player. It is the constant and unrelenting prognostication of his ultimate failure that makes you a running joke on this board. It’s too bad, because I think you have enough basketball knowledge to be an asset to the board.

anthony59237 likes this.
  7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

And your attempt to explain it is even worse. That’s not the definition of objective reality lol. And you’re Cowardly too might I add

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There is only one reality my guy.

There's infinite opinions... but the better opinions check themselves against what is objective and adjust if and when necessary.

If I say that my opinion is that Jalen Green is an amazing shooter based on my years of on court basketball experience yet the numbers say he's a dogshit shooter... it would mean all those years of experience didn't teach me a damn thing because I'd be objectively wrong in my analysis.

I'm sure you think you're God's gift to basketball analysis because you played in middle school or whatever, but a more humble approach where you check what you think you know against what is for sure happening would lead to better results.

clutchdabear and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol bobby that’s enough I think I was very clear in my point. This is embarrassing for you. I don’t think I know everything at all. In fact do a search for my old posts and I specifically mentioned I don’t know everything Im not a professional coach, player or GM as most people on here aren’t either. I always press people to cite specific facts, examples, evidence not just obscure metrics.

anthony59237 likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your ignorant rejection of the objective in favor of your own subjective opinion suggests otherwise.

There's obviously wiggle room but when you have an opinion that goes counter to EVERY metric, it means you are wrong.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  11. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Reserving judgement until when? Jalen has had 2.5 years prove something, anything and yet he is regressing. He is not a starter and not even playing like a rotation player. The stats and the eye test prove this without a doubt.

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Cowardly. What a weird comment. Here is an objective observation. You are a piece of sh*t.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jalen is a bust, as a number 2 pick, this is his 4th year as a professional player and his fundamentals suck.

Currently he is being beaten out badly by a 19 year old rookie taken 20th, that isn't opinion that is fact.

DD

14. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

you know what you said. I expose all bullshi+

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Judgement. Conjecture. Emotion. Hatred.

16. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I think Jalen is pretty close to the phase where Wiseman locked him self in the house and cried for 3 straight days. I was hating on Jalen too because I had so much hope riding on him when we drafted him 2 yrs ago but after seeing some face reaction during the game where he was making mistakes I do feel bad for him now. After the game or even in the locker room he looks like he don’t give much thought but I could clearly see he was very disappointed how things are going for him right now. Hope he can bounce back

17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I guess you are the arbitrator of all truth on this board. Odd that you are one of the very few posters that have less likes than posts. Everybody knows what you are and it sure isn’t an admired asset to this Garm. Some might say that people that come on to a sports forum and call people they have never met cowards are despicable human beings not worthy of judging anyone.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t think so little bobby. If anything I have been one of the most objective people on this site. In fact I call out players strengths and weaknesses backed by analysis of their on court performance and specific in game moments. I take into account several other factors that could affect the phenomenon and explain player performance. It’s pretty lazy in my opinion to look at a couple normalized metrics, which I doubt you understand fully, and determine which player is “good” or “sucks”. It’s both lazy and convenient for people like you to do this and that’s why it’s surface analysis. And the fact that people like you see nothing good in his game is telling of the bias and hatred.

I never even said Jalen was great. I’m about truth. I’m about exposing bias and judgement and getting people like you to understand there’s more to assessments and analysis then looking at a few numbers and judgemental words. If a fan says he’s lazy well give me specific in game performances where he’s lazy. If a fan says he has terrible IQ give me specific examples of what you’re talking about. You never cite specific examples. You never talk specifics about what right looks like in terms of offensive and defensive principles. So it appears your knowledge of the game is surface at best. And now you revealed you’re a reality Nazi? Lol but you’re entitled to your thoughts they are your own lmao

19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

nah just exposing fools like you. You know exactly what you said and why you said it. No time to back peddle. Glad you looked at my profile. That means im in your head

20. plegus

plegus Member

You are so full of yourself, you will immediately understand that I am talking about you as soon as you see this :D