1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greece (V-Span) vs. United States (Battier), 6:30 a.m, Friday, Sept. 1

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Champ06, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Now is the medal round, either USA or Greece will be in the Final. Both these teams have a Rockets' player and are playing really well. IMO, all three Rockets' players in the WC, that is, Yao, Battier and V-Span are doing just great and will likely contribute to Rockets wins next season. Go ROCKETS.

Don't Miss! Must watch match...........

Medal Round
    At Saitama, Japan
    Friday, Sept. 1
    Greece vs. United States, 6:30 a.m.

2. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

what channel?

3. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

I hope they both play well and USA win by 30 pts.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

The early morning games have been on ESPN2...

How has V-Span been doing in these games? I'm looking forward to seeing him live for a whole game.

5. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Sorry but the time zone always bugs me. On FIBA site it says Sept/01 16:30 so that would be ... 3:30AM EST?

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

but it's probably on a delayed broadcast...

7. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

according to espn it is on espn2 @ 3:30 AM

work on friday is going to be rough....

8. LFE171

LFE171 Member

better 230 cst than 530 cst. god i tried waking up for the germany game and i kept hitting the snooze. i feel bad missing out on dirk's horrendous game.

oh well, USA had a bad game too. 10-40 on 3's?! 7 tos for lebron? SHEEEEESH.

anyways, 10/7 for battier, 15/3/3 for vspan, USA wins by 25. that'd be great.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

stupid FIBA, there's no 16.

and bless them if the game is at 2:30 and not 5:30. i've changed up my sleep schedule for over a week now so i would still be up at 5:30 in the morning to watch the games (i usually go to sleep at 5 anyway but staying up all the way until about 8 has still been hard to adjust to so quickly). we better not have another horrible shooting game against greece. if we win this game, and spain beats argentina, then losing the next game wouldn't be completely devastating. losing here or to argentina would be.

10. Tameway

Tameway Member

Greece may be making some problem to US.
    US wins by 90-85, i think.

11. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

yap!...

12. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

i'm rooting for greece. the usa team is too arrogant with the exception of battier.

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Root for whoever you want it won't change the outcome. As for the Americans being arrogant, in the past that was more true and somewhat justified. The Americans have always the most talented players on the court and still do. And in the past they knew that and thought it was enough to win. And in the first Dream teams it was more than enough. But what the current American team has awaken too is this international game of basketball is about team effort and no one player can do it all. And that is how they are playing. So your arrogance statement is definitely over stated but of course you must not be an american so what else would we expect.

As for the game I actually think the Greeks may be the second best team in the tournament and will probably give USA a better game than Argentina. But they will still lose.

14. compucomp

compucomp Member

Obviously Americans won't consider themselves arrogant. As the old saying goes... "I am not arrogant, because arrogance is a flaw, and I am perfect."

Only non-Americans are qualified to judge whether Americans are arrogant or not.

15. Old Man Rock

From Vasilis' Blog

16. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Yao - We can't win if I only have 5 touches

So are you going to root against him aswell?

BTW I don't know if your american or not and thats a big thing but if your american, it sucks your a rockets fan~ but of course thats coming from me.. a big arrogant rockets fan with too much national pride

Also, if you will, which of the usa team member comments were arrogant? Infact, what have they done arrogant? I have seen NO arrogance from team usa at all.. Now the announcers on espn and nbatv are definitly arrogant but you said the usa team was with the exception of Battier so I was just wondering which comments gave you that conclusion.

All I have seen from watching everygame is someone new stepping it up a notch each night. When Lebron was off Carmello stepped up, when Carmello was off Wade stepped up, when Wade was off Bosh stepped up, when the defense was slumping Kirk,Paul and Battier stepped up. All hustle, when the Rebounds were sucking Brand and Howard stepped up... again hustle, desire, and pride. When they were getting beat, there desire brought them back.

By calling them arrogant you are falling in the same line with your claims. Why the hate on team USA? Because USA almost lost to Italy?, was getting beat in the 2nd quarter by PR? was getting beat in the 1st quarter by Germany? I guess you thought they were being lazy and were to confident??? Are you forgetting that they are playing against other professionals? Yes, professionals, anyone can win. Its about teamwork and heart, and Team USA in my book has definitly not been arrogant.

So what drove you to that point of view?

Arrogance is the Olympics when they tried to belive they were better then everyone else by far and garunteed us a gold medal... WHat you see now at the worlds is definitly not arrogance, it is desire and pride and if they do lose I'm happy they tried their best and that just means that America isn't the best at the international game.

#16 Realjad, Aug 30, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  17. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I believe Elton Brand and Joe Johnson said some bold, arrogent statements which he is referring too.

18. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Care to share those statements? I haven't seen them

19. Old Man Rock

Read the post correctly before you make such stupid statements. I didn't say the team wasn't arrogant I said he was overstating their arrogance. All great players have some arrogance. Afterall what is arrogance but a belief in your superiority. Yao showed signs of arrogance in this tournament as did, Nowitzki, Gasol, Arroyo and many other talented players. And I do see the arrogance in Carmelo and some of the other USA players but it is not so much overconfidence that they think they can not lose but more a sense of we are talented and we should win. They are showing respect for their opponents moreso than the last couple of USA teams. So call us an arrogant team or not but again USA is the better team talent wise and if we play up to our ability no one and I repeat no one in this tournament should beat us. ANd if you want to call that arrogance than call it that but losers go home!

#19 Old Man Rock, Aug 30, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  20. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Whether or not the rest of you or the world wants to acknowledge it, the NBa is the best league in the world. The best players in the best league in the world have a right to some degree of pride.