1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great Defense stops Yao Ming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ACL1, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACL1

ACL1 Member

Milw. WI

4-2-03

Great defense by Larry Smith stops red hot yao ming and saves the bucks from losing the 8th and final spot of the Eastern Conference. Yao who started the first quarter red hot was held to only 1 point by smith the rest of the game. The great defensive move was more apparent when yao had collected 10 combined fouls on The Bucks centers fouling out E. Johnson half way through the 3rd quarter.

By the start of the 4th quarter the bucks were w/o a big man to defend Yao and coach Karl looked desperate. It was at this time that he went to the veteran Larry Smith who kept Yao on the bench for the first 6 minutes of the final quarter. Opting to go w/ a small line up. Takling to the reporters about his great defensive performance Smith said: " that was a close one, for a minute I thought I had to put Moochie in for the entire 4th quarter to make sure the Rockets lose"

:mad:

2. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

hahahah.. Smith really needs to get a clue.. I am so upset over it that I am actually lost for words for the first time...

there is just SO MANY things wrong with the Rox... my complaints can take hours to write down...

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Larry Smith=Yao stopper? :D

or may be Rockets stopper perhaps? :(

4. user

user Member

A good one on Mr. Meaningless.

5. Yun

Yun Member

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I am starting to think that I do not know anything about basketball at all. I thought that a coach should help his team to win not to help the other team to win.

I am clueless.:confused:

Is "helping the opposite team to win" a strategy in NBA?:confused:

6. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Next time LS takes Yao out when he is red hot, I would like to see Yao yielling at LS and tell him "you are a freeking stupid ass eye!" If this happens in Rox homecourt, I bet a lot of fans will applaud.

7. 3 kids

3 kids Member

here's my take to best defend Yao Ming

1.)bench him when he's just about to get hot

2.) play him when the opposing team breaks away

3.) ask him to co-ordinate his clapping motion w/ Boki

4.) Play him "only" in the 4rth quarter when there's 2 mins left and the opponent is up by 20+ pts.

5.) when the game is close, coach tells Yao' s interpreter to guard the other teams point guard one on one

QUOTE: "tHIS IS LARRY SMITH INSPIRED................Go go Larry, thanks for sucking us dry....

: :mad: :mad: :mad:

8. dafatha00

dafatha00 Contributing Member

Its a joke man.

9. Yun

Yun Member

So is mine! ;)

10. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

The reason Yao doesn't get the ball later on is because the defense adjusts and collapses on him. But can't the Rockets make some counter-adjustments? We still haven't learned to defend Utah's pick 'n roll after all this time. Gotta love it!

11. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

I managed to squeeze out some bitter laughter

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Use the Game Thread to vent your Larry Smith frustrations for the current game. Or use the "Fire Larry Smith" thread to show your emotion of the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.