1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Which is incompetence. Who murders someone with 10 cameras filming him? I would find it more interesting if he didn't know cameras were on him and this happened.

He should get charged with murder, and go to jail for a while.

DVauthrin and B-Bob like this.
  2. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

When did people start calling police Leo (law enforcement officer)?

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

maybe not the Trump support, but we gotta find out if that “Make Whites Great Again” hat is real...if so, it needs to be seen if hate crimes can be brought up as well, and the department needs to be investigated to find out if they knew about it

Andre0087, JumpMan and Blatz like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Looking at my social media feed... “race played no factor” is the battle cry for this one.

joshuaao likes this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think a sad contributing factor, like with Garner and other cases, being a very large black man just makes the police extremely nervous, they act as if the dudes are going to spring up and smash their heads in like the mountain, and end up using way too excessive force.

If the man was so scared Floyd was going to overpower him, he should have had the Asian cop help hold him down properly, instead of choosing to drive his knee through Floyds neck while having the Asian cop heroically fend off the concerned citizens witnessing a murder.

Just disgusting. I’m interested in seeing the body cam footage, it won’t excuse anything regardless, the cop held a man in a chokehold 5 minutes after he passed out, insuring to kill him, but it would make it that much worse off if Floyd never really resisted.

joshuaao and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

That pic of him wearing a 'Make Whites Great Again' cap should be presented as a motive to why he killed Mr Floyd..

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's a weird take that leaves so many obvious questions. How many unarmed, prone white men are killed by the PoPo? What was the officer's take on race, and did his prior misbehaviors show a pattern? Without being the murderer's brain (which we cannot do), we're left with the blatant: a white man in a position of power killed a prone black man with absolutely no power in the situation, a man who was posing no threat, while other people begged the officer to stop.

You can simply say "oh I don't see a racial element," but you can't expect other people with eyes for the video and eyes to our history and eyes to our data trends to go along with that weird take.

10. Blatz

Do we know if that pic is real yet?

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Fake

Blatz likes this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think a lot of older folks are desperately motivated to deny racism if they grew up during segregation or its immediate aftermath. I've got older family who refuse to acknowledge racism to the point that they insist something cannot be racist, or rooted in it, if the perpetrator is doing anything short of shouting the n-word during the act. I think it's why so many are quick to look for any other reason - past run-ins with the law, liberal interpretations of "threatening," insisting that reaching for a shotgun pointed at somebody is attempted theft - why people like the McMichaels would form an extrajudicial posse to pursue Ahmaud Arbery or a cop would leave his knee jammed against George Floyd's neck when it was clear he'd been subdued. They're uncomfortable with the idea that many whites approach African Americans with a defensive and aggressive mindset because of their skin color.

My hunch is that this generation patted themselves on the back for a long time. They remembered segregation and wanted to think they'd somehow contributed to the country "moving past" some of its ugliest history. They remembered their older and openly racist relatives throwing slurs around in casual conversation and thought the bucked stopped with their generation, especially when they'd taught their kids that saying those words was wrong. But the whole idea that racism can be subversive undercuts this self-congratulatory mindset.

Nook, subtomic, mdrowe00 and 5 others like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

How long before an arrest, and why hasn’t it happened yet?

Hakeemtheking and Blatz like this.
  14. Blatz

Thanks

What those officers did is disgustingly evil enough. There is no need to make up things to prove that...

I was wondering the same.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe some dithering or confusion between local and federal law enforcement? Police chief referred to FBI, right?

Reeko and Blatz like this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

mdrowe00, Andre0087 and Blatz like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think so

just saw this online

In a release, the FBI wrote that the investigation will "focus on whether the Minneapolis Police Department officers involved willfully deprived the individual of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States."

"When completed, the FBI will present its findings to the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Minnesota for consideration of possible federal charges," the statement continues. "The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) continues to conduct a concurrent investigation into the incident regarding possible violations of Minnesota statutes."

these murder charges need to happen ASAP

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that will be a defense that Chauvin feared he couldn't control Floyd because he was so big. Floyd was cuffed already so he had enough control to get him cuffed. If he can't control a prone suspect already cuffed he probably shouldn't be an LEO.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Race very well could've been a motivation but we can take race completely out of this and still say that LEO Chauvin should be arrested for this.

In both this case, the Philando Castile case, the Justine Ruzcyck case I think even taking race out of it those were still incidences of LEO acting badly leading to a civillian being killed. That is why when discussing Philando Castile I say that the race of LEO Yanez doesn't matter when people bring that up to muddy the situation. What I do find disturbing though is out of so many cases the one where we have seen a successful prosecution is Justine Ruzcyck of a white woman killed by a black LEO..

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also, he still had his knee on him while he was motionless for at least 3 minutes most likely dead at that point.

If you can't restrain a dead human, you definitely shouldn't be a cop.