1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

that cop was able to use the “I thought he was reaching for a gun” excuse which works pretty much every time

This one where the guy is already cuffed, saying that he can’t breathe because there’s a knee on his neck, but the officer still keeps it there for 9 minutes as he slowly dies? Nah, if this can’t get a swift conviction, then I think people will have officially had enough. At some point, it just becomes too much.

amaru and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

welp they reached the station

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That cop had racked up quite a body count during his time with the police department.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Good. Damage something worthwhile of your cause, like the precincts. Not private businesses.

jiggyfly, Andre0087 and Reeko like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

That's a powerful video.

If you're going to do something illegal to make your point, this is what you do. Not target private enterprises. The police dug their grave, so to speak. Years and years of digging, it took, but it's finished.

If they can't arrest one of their own for a clear and blatant murder, after all these years of egregious policing, they deserve the citizens, aka the ones that are paying their wages, to take back what is theirs.

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think the president will order charges before that happens. I just dont see how charges wouldnt be brought.

cml750 likes this.
  8. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He won’t. He tweeted to shoot the looters.

amaru likes this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

At this point, that is 2 very different situations. The focus on Floyd should not be tarnished by the hooligans.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It shouldn't... except perhaps with those who are only giving lip service to what happened to George Floyd.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

yea maybe and it’s may be good politic

but that’s not within his power

He can order an investigation (doesn’t have to, the DOJ has already said they will).

perhaps he can revisit systemic racial and spot police brutality but he won’t as he have pushed for police brutality himself many times in the past. The honest truth to many is he is showing a half fake face and is part of the problem.

amaru and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was the other idiotic thing about this. A lot of people were shooting off fireworks.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  14. Mr. Space City

I don't think the MPD really understands how bad they look right now.

From using resources to protect Derek Chauvin's house (who is a private citizen btw since he was fired) to detaining a black reporter live on television. It's looking more and more like that police department is definitely corrupt from the top down. After all of this is over, that police force is going to have to be rebuilt from the ground up.

15. Two Sandwiches

I heard someone say that the suspect doesn't live in Minneapolis, so it's a suburb police department that is guarding him, technically, but your point still stands.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Protest march today in Houston at 2 pm starting at Discovery Green. Some of Floyd's Houston family will be joining, I read. I hurt my back so marching doesn't sound like a ton of fun. But I'm going to try to get myself to go.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I was wondering if he was from Houston he's definitely a Rockets fan.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Third Ward. I guess that makes him a neighbor of mine when I lived there, but I didn't know him. But you can expect that many of the people from Third Ward who did know him will be marching.

19. Mr. Space City

he was on dj screw tapes. he's houston houston.

jiggyfly and KingCheetah like this.
  20. likestohypeguy

IDK why the county attorney is saying he can't find a criminal code to charge him with. Seems pretty clear to everyone else, even every other legal expert they bring on the news seems to disagree.

Hakeemtheking and amaru like this.