1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If this cop gets off, those living in Minneapolis need to leave ASAP because the city will burn.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

No question. Things will get ugly.

I will just say that county attorney is clueless. Those 4 cops were terminated within hours of the event. That doesn't happen without strong evidence of malfeasance.

All a federal prosecutor (civil rights violations) need is the damning video. Extenuating circumstances should be used in sentencing.

3. amaru

amaru Member

The lynch mob is going to get off and that city is going to burn.

edwardc likes this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Past complaints/lawsuits. The video. The history of the police department. The lack of disciplining these officers.

Not much else needed.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

In the 2006 bulletin, the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists. The bulletin was released during a period of scandal for many law enforcement agencies throughout the country, including a neo-Nazi gang formed by members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department who harassed black and Latino communities. Similar investigations revealed officers and entire agencies with hate group ties in Illinois, Ohio and Texas.

Much of the bulletin has been redacted, but in it, the FBI identified white supremacists in law enforcement as a concern, because of their access to both "restricted areas vulnerable to sabotage" and elected officials or people who could be seen as "potential targets for violence." The memo also warned of "ghost skins," hate group members who don't overtly display their beliefs in order to "blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes."

"At least one white supremacist group has reportedly encouraged ghost skins to seek positions in law enforcement for the capability of alerting skinhead crews of pending investigative action against them," the report read.

Problems with white supremacists in law enforcement have surfaced since that report. In 2014, two Florida officers — including a deputy police chief — were fired after an FBI informant outed them as members of the Ku Klux Klan. It marked the second time within five years that the agency uncovered an officer's membership in the KKK. Several agencies nationwide have also launched investigations into personnel who may not be formal hate group members, but face allegations of race-based misconduct.

picture of him giving a Nazi salute surfaced on Facebook. And as recently as August, the Philadelphia Police Department launched an internal investigation after attendees of a Black Lives Matter rally outside the Democratic National Convention spotted an officer in charge of crowd control with a tattoo of the Nazi Party emblem on his forearm and posted the image on Instagram.

"Many people in these communities of color feel they have been the subject of police violence for decades," said Samuel Jones, professor of law at the John Marshall School of Law in Chicago. "And when an officer engages in conduct that adds or enhances that divide, they are ultimately jeopardizing the integrity of their agencies and putting their fellow officers in danger."

Policing in America has historically had racial implications. The earliest forms of organized law enforcement in the U.S. can be traced to slave patrols that tracked down escaped slaves, and overseers assigned to guard settler communities from Native Americans. In the centuries since, many law enforcement agencies directly participated in antagonizing communities of color, or provided a shield for others who did. But in the 10 years since the FBI's initial warning, little has changed, Jones said.

Neither the FBI nor state and local law enforcement agencies have established systems for vetting personnel for potential supremacist links, he said. That task is left primarily to everyday citizens and nonprofit organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center, one of few that tracks the growing number of hate groups in America.

"We catch them when we can, which means when we notice someone and check in the database," said Heidi Beirich, director of the Intelligence Project at the Southern Poverty Law Center. The group is responsible for exposing an Alabama officer as a member of a white nationalist hate group, League of the South, after he spoke at their national conference in 2013. The officer was later fired.

"Obviously, we do not want people with white supremacist or other extremist views to be in such positions, so it is important to screen them out," she added.

The First Amendment's freedoms of association and expression mean it's perfectly legal for anyone to join a hate group — as long as it's for the purpose of legal activity — and still be a member of law enforcement. They can even serve in other positions of public office. But according to the FBI memo, the government can limit employment opportunities of members "when their memberships would interfere with their duties." Jones says that's problematic.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

if u don’t see anything unreasonable with the video, u are just an evil person

this “if u can talk, u can breathe” talking point is being used by many racists online on Twitter and in YouTube comment sections...I’m surprised it hasn’t been used by the resident racists on here...I guess even they realize how outlandish this murder was

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

I wouldn't want to be in that city. Hate has been boiling....virus, constant negative news

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

It sucks that it takes something so terrible for 99% of america to finally agree on something.

10. Mr. Space City

If there are no charges for the cops involved, or they get off, it's gonnabe a horrible look when you factor a black officer in the same department got 12.5 years for accidently shooting a white woman just last year.

11. Two Sandwiches

Oh with the way the rioting is right now, and the virus going on. People being unemployed, the economy tanking. People are angry. People want to leave the house. People are sick of being sick and tired of many things.

If this dude is acquitted, I'm not joking, or using hyperbole when I say the city will burn. It will be a war zone.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That’s my gut feeling too . My hope is that the powers in charge understand that and will want to stay in power ... hence the officers will go to jail, at the very least the knee-er

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

rioters will burn Minneapolis for sure if the cops get off...some might even say fck it and call open season on cops...that’s how bad I think it could get

amaru likes this.
  14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

How is killing a human being not a criminal statute? I'm very lost here. WTF happened? Is this Chris Wray reporting on the FBI investigation? What evidence is there that he did not murder him? I've seen nothing to prove it was self defense, etc.

This pisses me off. This is infuriating.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I generally think looting and destroying property is stupid and self defeating (local citizens pay taxes that pay for the damage) but if in just 2 days it's clear the cops are getting off Scott Free I don't see how I can blame the people of Minnesota for F-ing some sh$t up.

Reeko likes this.
  16. likestohypeguy

Perfect storm.

Government buildings including courthouse and PD will be overrun, burned. I'm afraid that might result in the National Guard killing civilians in the street, it would get so bad I think.

17. conquistador#11

Damn he was kidding about asking "Who's your daddy" when they first met.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m still wondering how a cop can be caught on video doing something this egregious and still not be arrested yet

then the prosecutor is saying there could be evidence that charges aren’t warranted

I mean, my god

if the cops get off, many people won’t be able to take it

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The cop who killed Philando Castile got off, and Castile didn't even have a rap sheet.