1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Chauvin's political beliefs should not matter but him wearing that make white people great again goes to state of mind so it's very relevant to the case.

3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

This is damning. I had no idea he was in handcuffs on top of it all. He probably mouthed off and tried to wiggle free. In turn, a group of officers decided to make an example out of him.

If these cops aren't charged soon our government is complete trash.

amaru, dobro1229 and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Me neither. Disgusting.

FrontRunner likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It looks like that pic isn't Chauvin.

I'm not going to defend Chauvin as the evidence we have shows at the minimum he is a bad LEO. There is a rush to speculation on all sides every time something like this happen. Usually it's bringing up stuff about the victim but also about stuff the perpetrator. In this case Chauvin very well could be an unrepentant racist and very well was out to kill a black man. We don't know that for sure and the most damning evidence of him in that hat appears to not be true. The danger with this is that pressure causes the DA to overreach, it muddies the situation as people interpret the situation through political lenses and ultimately makes it harder to prosecute. That was my opinion of the Trayvon Martin case that the DA did a poor job, frequently grandstanded and put in a charge that was an over reach.

As all of us know it is already a big hurdle just to get an LEO charged. I think the more we (as in the public, media and prosecutors) stick to the facts of the case the more likely to see a successful prosecution.

joshuaao, fchowd0311, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I could tell he was in cuffs by the initial video that and the fact there were 3 other cops is what made my blood boil.

It's very telling that the killer was not even on the scene at the end of that video so he had to come in hot.

Nook and Blatz like this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I saw that and I agree it should not matter because it was egregious if he was white or black.

I agree about over-each but out side of murder ,1 don't think this can have a overreach. :

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

yup. and when they were loading him onto the stretcher, it was done as if they're literally sweeping roadkill off the ground. anyone in the med field would know that's not the proper protocol to load someone on a stretcher on the ground. no fcks were given

9. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

It’s not him dude. He could be an Obama supporter, Trump supporter, Black lives matter supporter, White power supporter, wrong is wrong and murder is murder. We need to get cops like him and the other 3 doofus that went along with this homicide off of our streets. You know every PD in the country needs some house cleaning.

#189 generalthade_03, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah I know.

So where is that same energy you had in defense of Flynn for this guy?

It's very telling you came in this thread to only post this but silent on everything else.

Where are all the Flynn defenders/

What happened to all the energy of Law Enforcement overreach?

JuanValdez likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Exactly that also turned my stomach they never even checked for a pulse or tried to give him any kind of treatment.

The EMT guy also did not tell him to get off his neck when it was evident that he was unconscious.

Those EMT guys need to be fired and sued.

Hakeemtheking and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I've tried a couple times but I still haven't been able to watch the first video all the way through. I figured another cop cuffed him while the victim was on the ground. But this ****...

Yeah, it's possible the victim became increasingly agitated and combative, but they could have maced him, tazed him, or simply tried to talk to him. I hate to jump to conclusions, but I've seen vindictive cops take their anger out on too many people to believe differently. They were hell bent on punishing this guy. All over what? Because they were disrespected?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he wasn't unconscious at that point. He was probably already dead.

Hakeemtheking and jiggyfly like this.
  14. generalthade_03

You serious bro? Honestly you’re trying to tie Lynn to this case? All the back and forth is just partisan politics bullshiet, you’re making a case for your side, crap on the other side and think you’re absolutely right, and then I’m trying my best to do the same. There is no partisan bullshiet in this murder unless you chose to make it so. That brother did not have to die, he’s a human being and he deserves better than to die like an animal on the streets, if we have any morals at all, we can see something wrong with his death and putting politics aside.

15. fchowd0311

Unfortunately politics is involved when you have a leader that encourages police brutality:

AleksandarN likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

disrespecting a cop is 1 of the biggest crimes in America...heaven forbid their ego has to take a hit

FrontRunner, fchowd0311 and jiggyfly like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yep very serious.

It took you 2 days to respond to this thread and it was only to tell me I got something insignificant wrong.

Why is that?

Yet you felt what happened to Flynn was so wrong you talked about for several days.

18. generalthade_03

Did the bad cops behave any better during 8 years under Obama? You see, this is exactly where I’m going. This is more of a moral issue than politics. Unfortunately, we have people continually pushing politics for their own agenda. If we want an honest discussion about this event and real police reform, we can not keep doing like what we have been doing and point fingers at each others.

19. fchowd0311

If it's a moral issue it certainly doesn't help that the leader of the country encouraged law enforcement to rough of suspects before they place them in their squad car.

Can you admit that part at least so I know you are arguing in good faith?

You do have a point that Trump is merely a symptom. People voting for Trump to be president says a lot about our demographics. Many Americans love that type of "hard on crime" rhetoric that desires retribution rather than rehabilitation. Our police, who we chose as leaders are a reflection of our society.

20. generalthade_03

Dude, calm down man. I know you’re emotional right now and I can’t blame you. I responded to this thread on the first page, post#18. I hardly ever visited on any of the Flynn posts.