1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Graduation gifts?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by franchise403, Apr 16, 2004.

1. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

I guess its that time of year again when school is winding down and graduation is upon us. Well my girlfriend is graduating from UT and I am just wondering what are some thoughtful graduation gifts?

I also should mention that it is also our two year anniversary so I didn't know if I should do a duel gift type thing or if I should keep them seperate. I have thought about planning a trip and paying for it (obviously) but its not like I am loaded. Do ya'll think that this is a good idea? Any suggestions would be much appreciated cause I don't want to seem like a jack@ss to her.

-franchise403

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think a trip would be nice. Get her a little something to give to her on the trip and you'll be golden.

3. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I got my girlfriend a bowling ball for her graduation.

So, I'm probably not the right person to ask, but I think a trip sounds nice, too.

A joint gift is probably okay, though a separate card for each is probably mandatory.

4. franchise403

Damnit! You mean I have to get two different cards? I was kind of afraid of that. Yeah I had already been kind of leaning towards the trip idea, it just seems like the best option. Any suggestions about where to go? She loves the beach so I guess thats a start.

Getting her a little something for the trip also would be a nice touch. Thanks for the ideas.

5. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

Andymoon concurs with your suggestion.

:cool:

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

Getting her that joint is far better than challenging her to a duel.

7. franchise403

Mr paige,

yeah your probably right but who isn't up for a good beating every now and then?

8. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

Buy a photo album or hanging picture frame and put in pictures from your favorite times of the past two years.

I did this for my girlfriend (now wife) at her graduation. It went over real well.

If you do not have a whole lot of pictures, you may be able to get some from friends or parents.

9. franchise403

The photo album is a real good idea, she is always complaining about how we don't have enough pictures so maybe I can start the album and tell her something cheezy about adding to it.

10. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Damn franchise, we're in the same boat. My two year anniversary is on April 29 and my girlfriend graduates from Arkansas State University on May 7. In other words, good thread. :)

11. franchise403

Lil Pun,

Thats pretty wild! So what have you thought about getting your girl? I am usually pretty good @ this kind of stuff but I am weary cause its two major events and I don't want to be "that guy", you know?

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I like the idea of giving her a joint gift...just leave off the gift and what do you have? Come on....live a little...you just graduated!

:cool: or :mad:

13. drapg

drapg Member

I'm in the same boat, except substitute girlfriend with sister and she's graduating from grad school.

So actually, I'm in a different boat.

I got nothing.

14. Lil Pun

I was going to propose to her as a graduation gift but I think she still needs to grow up and mature a bit. She can act like she's 12 instead of 22 sometimes...no a lot of times. That being said, I booked us a trip to H-Town and after that we're either flying to New Orleans or going to South Padre Island. That'll be the graduation gift, as for anniversary, I have no idea yet but I better hurry seeing as I have less than two weeks to pick something out.

15. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

drapg.. you better go ahead and substitute the 2 year anniversary part out too :)

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Get her an engagement ring and ask her to marry you.

DD

17. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Take her on a trip..........................................to Brownsville.

18. candycane

candycane Contributing Member

Ooooh I am telling on you. You better watch it Lil Pun. lol

19. franchise403

Dude I almost forgot that its my girlfriends birthday as well! So now I have to figure something out for her graduation and our 2 year anniversary and her birthday.:mad:

20. Lil Pun

Oh $h!+ :eek: