1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gordon: "We can’t isolate as much against a good defensive team. I don’t care who you are."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Drogba, May 15, 2018.

1. MyLateRegistration

Because all of our role players forgot how to play.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

There's 2 types of separate offense that we run. The iso Harden or the Cp3 offense. Let's try Cp3 offense for game 2.

3. smp

smp Member

We peaked too early. When we were playing our best, Anderson was serviceable, luc was good, Tucker was good, Ariza was good, EG was really good, CP3 was great, Capela was great, Harden was MVP. Our team a few months ago would smoke our current team and beat GS.

We need our whole team to get it going at the same time for 4 games or hope GS goes into a slump. It's not looking good but that's why they play the games.

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

why are you guys jumping on gordon like he's not right ?

i have tried and tried to get you guys to realize this was not going to work but you keep saying b-b-b-but bron and kyrie.....we dont have bron and kyrie, and the warriors didn't have KD. we have to get creative.

charlieaustin likes this.
  5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I mentioned in another thread. Ariza, Tucker and Gordon need to get shots early in the game...make them get a feel for the game

6. Major

Major Member

ESPN is saying the Rockets had more ISO possessions last night than any team in any game in the last 5 years (all of this year's Rockets games included). So this wasn't just "normal Rocket offense" that happened last night.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ego, lmao, wow...u are the worst chucker on the team and often take too many shots given your trash percentages in these playoffs

my dude, u are taking 12 shots a game shooting 35% from the field, and 7 threes a game while shooting 33% from deep

8. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Gordon is right. Ball movement is neccessary. Touches are needed to shoot better. You just can't get into rhythm if you don't have ball in your hand for some time..

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was never a big Eric Gordon fan tbh...he pisses me off A LOT

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I hope so, it probably means we added another star

lionaire and buffalobills!!! like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

and then the counter when they dont hit their shots and hou is down double digits and spend much of the game climbing back then what.

everyone is just going to say why isn't harden being aggressive and passing the ball blah blah

Reeko likes this.
  12. photojoe

photojoe Member

I'm so glad you aren't Harden

13. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

What does that "jump shooting" team have in common with the teams I mentioned? Defense and ball movement.

Push the pace. Move the ball around early in the clock to try and get an easy look. Get everyone involved. If it doesn't work out then go iso.

14. blackistan

blackistan Member

This is ironic the coach says we aren't changing our approach but a player says otherwise lol

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

and on the flipside lets give GS the opportunity for more possessions as a result. there's possible consequences to every idea. theres a specific game plan obviously put in place in game 1. had hou gotten better production from the forwards and cut back on some of the to's, thats very much a winnable game for houston.

16. riko

riko Member

He had 15 shots in 28 minutes so he got the ball plenty of times. You’re entire existence here revolves around bashing harden and the rockets. Sitting in Hong Kong and being a key board warriors Igor ain’t the tough

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Remember this?

[​IMG]

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Best iso James could have played and it still wasn’t enough. People need to wake up, a good defensive team like golden state doesn’t even have to try on D

19. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

You start with a game plan to begin a series then make adjustments from there. We definitely need to get more production from our forwards and EG. Ball movement would help them find a rhythm. With that said the biggest adjustment should be trying to figure out how to slow down Durant.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure about that. i think the biggest adjustment is correcting the things they did to beat themselves. stuff they actually control. defensively, they played durant as well as anyone could on a ton of his shots. theres just nothing just can do about that.