1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Good Read] James Harden-Dwight Howard Combo Would Put Entire NBA on Notice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTownTmac1, May 8, 2013.

1. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

For all those contemplating whether Dwight Howard would be a great fit for the rockets or not. I thought this was a well written article thats worth the read.. i think the author is spot on.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1632616-james-harden-dwight-howard-combo-would-put-entire-nba-on-notice

1 person likes this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Meh. So would a Chris Paul/ Harden duo.

3. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

i wouldn't complain about either but i sure would like to have good low post presence like Dwight

4. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

I looked up their PnR stats. They would be deadly together.

Dwight Howard - PNR as Roll Man:

2012-2013: 1.29 points per possession Ranked 9th
    2011-2012: 1.36 points per possession Ranked 2nd
    2010-2011: 1.43 points per possession Ranked 1st
    2009-2010: 1.49 points per possession Ranked 1st

James Harden - PNR as Ball Handler:

2010-2011: .96 points per possession Ranked 9th
    2011-2012: .99 points per possession Ranked 9th
    2012-2013: 1.0 points per possession Ranked 5th

2 people like this.
  5. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

nice find! this would especially be dangerous because dwight can actually catch a tough pass or a lob consistently.. and since jermey lin likes pnr's too it would be great for him as well

6. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Nice article.

I especially like the Brady Bunch comparison when talking about the Rockets.

And I like the idea of Asik staying and forming the twin towers.

Its interesting, pretty much every single NBA analyst, Lakers fan, commentator have said Dwight is likely to go to Houston. Lakers FO and players are even lukewarm on him staying with the Lakers. It seems like the only ones that really want Dwight to stay with the Lakers are Clutchfans!!! LOL!

I say...

Bring it on!!!
    C'mon Dwight!!!
    Rockets all the way in 2014!!!

7. awc713

awc713 Member

bleacher report is a joke. several posters on this site could've written a better article. nothing new was posted in this rant.

i do, however, agree with the author. the media blames dwight for the LA situation that was last year, regardless the fact that he could not effect certain situations (i.e. their non-athletic roster, iffy coaching decisions, etc.)

dwight is the best center in the league when he wants to be. i do believe he would be motivated in houston...so, bring him down.

on the other hand, he's a hothead who may still be in love with brooklyn for some odd reason. if he isn't OBSESSED with winning...dont bring him here.

8. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

yeah i know its bleacher report and they usually post crap on that website but... i really liked this article!

9. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

PnR alley oop SLAMS from Harden & Lin to Dwight all night baby!!!

Asik & Dwight will be swatting balls outta there like swatting flies.

Heaps more fast breaks from the blocks, Parsons should get a lot of breakaway slams.

Its gonna be exciting to watch!

Instant contenders!

10. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Dwight + Harden = 4 hour long games. We'll be shooting free throws for half the game time.

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

lol yea until the other team gets physical and the refs let them play...then they're both screwed.

12. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Asik and Dwight would be pretty sick. The paint would be shut down.

I can see a Harden drive to the basket to a Dwight hand off slam at least 5 times a game.

13. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Okay I guess if Jefferson can play PF then Howard can play PF. But I still don't believe he will walk away from 30 mil. Then there's the problem with the game turning into hack a Twin Tower. But I do like the idea of keeping Asik as opposed to all of this other stupid talk of signing CP3 and Howard. If Asik gets his free throw shooting above 60% that helps him. But Howard ain't ever shooting in the 60's. You would also absolutely have to have a backup stretch 4 and 3 pt shooters 2 deep at the other 3 spots. But if you did all that and I think you can than it may work. ANd in fact it might work amaziingly. We would kryptonite to Miami.

Still so many hurdles and so unlikely it's not really worth more discussion. But I am open to it. ANd I am sure Morey is also.

14. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

I wish I would've known this article was from bleacher report or I wouldn't have wasted my time reading the first few paragraphs. Just another dumb article that would've gotten an D if it was graded by a college professor.

15. demarco1

demarco1 Member

ASIK and Howard in the same team, then hack them out V.1 + Harden who love FT play, how long the game will spent?

16. yxx1218

yxx1218 Member

LOL:grin: But I'd love to watch such a game!!!!!!

17. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

hahahaha

18. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Bleacher report mental masturbation

19. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Hack a ASIK AND HOWARD dear god. Any way,i doubt we would keep Asik if we get Dwight. Portland is crying for someone like Asik so they would offer us there 1st for sure.

20. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

From a sports perspective it makes a ton of sense for Howard to go to Houston. Here he has a young, talented team, a true number one option who doesn't mind to pass and a GM who is great at finding great players at bargain prices. His arrival would immediately make the Rockets contenders (though not favorites).

While the Lakers are old and often injured and way up the cap. If he stays he basically hopes, that their GM can do a quick rebuild and acquire another star when Kobe is done.

So yeah, if you just look at the sports side, he would be stupid not to go to Houston...

But there is this other perspective... Money. In LA he gets financial security in that additional year - and he plays for arguably the biggest market which lots of merchandise money coming his way.

It all comes down to this: what does Howard want? Does he want a team in which he feels comfortable and with which he can contend for a championship or does he want the glamour and the financial security? I'd say we have a good chance, but there is an even bigger chance he stays in LA...