1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Golf] Ernie Els killing it at the Masters Today

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by davidio840, Apr 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q6ZEIcxaeA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At what point do you just walk off the course?

2. smr6

smr6 Member

So painful to watch

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Steady taking them EL's AMIRATE?

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wish I hadn't seen that. Back when I cared about golf Ernie was my boy...:(

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

"did you say, sextuple bogie?"

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ND-GzeliBLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When you hit 7 balls into the drink and have no balls left.

8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Oh man, that was painful to watch

9. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

That weak attempt at a tap in at the end made me laugh my arse off.

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

At the Masters you don't. That's really what makes this tournament the greatest repository of class in sports, the respect for tradition and the game. Ernie not only finished his round, he played the other 17 holes respectably well.

Suffer your embarrassments with grace and keep trying. I read Ernie was the last person still on the putting green last night.

Most golf on TV is like p*rn, they only show the great shots so that it gives an unreal perception of what the game is really like. If you watched the Match Play event last week or watch a player's whole round in the featured groups on-line this week, you will see that even the greatest players in the game hit several bad shots in every round. I mean chunked and skulled wedges, shanks, snap hooks or blocks. Every round is a 4 hour endurance event that tests your ability to maintain your focus and positivity.

I have played a lot of golf over the last few decades and I am finally starting to realize the above. For us amateurs the game is about fresh air and camaraderie, we would do much better leaving our egos out of it because somewhere in even your best 18 holes, you are going to hit some stinkers. If you let those define your day, you are gonna have a bad time.

(I still do it, but I'm working on it)

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Go home, ball.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel bad for big Ern...i could feel the pain in my gut. Can't believe he just willy nilly tried those last two tap ins the way he did.

Like Dubious said, he played the rest of the holes well. Unfortunately you can't win a tournament on one hole...but you sure can lose it.