1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[GMC] 2019 Multi-use Tailgate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Houstunna, Mar 9, 2019.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya the Ridgeline has the bed trunk with a plug to double as a cooler, pretty cool feature. Did a lot of research before getting my Sierra and the Ridgeline is supposed to be one helluva truck, not a fan of the front body style though.

Houstunna likes this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Yup I was looking at a 18 Denali around 45K but couldn't get over paying that much and not getting things that come standard on a lot of cheaper cars nowadays. Ended getting the 19 SLT at $48 so pretty happy with it. Infotainment is super buggy though.

3. MystikArkitect

It seemed way snappier than mine. It’s slower than my TMobile G1 phone was I had like a decade ago. I was looking at Range Rovers (I’ve always been a truck guy but looking at other options) and this was a common complaint as well. Like seriously guys, we’ve had this tech forever how are these things still this buggy?

I have 150k miles on mine so I will give them that, nary a hiccup with it during that time. A few minor things but nothing crazy. The oil changes I didn’t expect to be 100 dollars though.

gucci888 likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

City people with pickups are funny.

studogg likes this.
  5. MystikArkitect

Why?

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is why manufacturers make more money on SUV's and trucks. They don't really cost more to build, but they'll jack up the prices on them. I was shocked at the cost of some of these pickups.

Houstunna likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A great idea that every other manufacturer of pickups will copy, just like a video camera mounted on the right side-view mirror Honda came out with that shows you what's in the blind spot on a dash mounted screen when the turn indicator is engaged is being copied left and right. One of those things that should have been thought of long ago and wasn't.

Houstunna likes this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Has anyone seen @Buck Turgidson recently ??

He entered like a lion (twice), but is now lamb'ing.

Wasted my popcorn but no hard feelings.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This looks like a great innovation but my first thought was that it looks like it could be a potential rattle-trap after some wear and tear.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  11. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Agreed. I'm sure its a convenient feature, but IRT vehicles, I've grown to believe the more advanced things it has, the more things that can go wrong.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This reminds me of the toolboxes built into the side of the truck bed.

[​IMG]

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I noticed the skyrocket prices for suburbans and tahoes. People no longer buy shitty ford focuses or Chevy Cavaliers for the same price of a camry, they gotta make up for that. Suburbans are now 80k

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, but the profitability of pickups and SUV's for manufacturers has been that way for at least a decade, if not longer. Now they're cranking up production on them because people want to buy more of them now that gas prices went down and they need to take the whole house with them when they travel. :D