1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give Utah Credit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gotsis, Apr 23, 2019.

1. gotsis

gotsis Member

Exactly, people thinking we should just sweep them easily are not taking in to account that the Jazz are one of the top 5 teams in a grueling Western Conference.

Not to mention there is a saying in portuguese that loosely translates to "You forgot to let your opponent know you should win easily". This is the case, they had their backs against the wall in a electric arena and it was close until they exploded in the fourth.

The only real concern I have right know is how mentally strong Harden will be in pressure situations at GSW. It's been a constant that during the playoffs he has been a bit subpar in some of these.

Nook likes this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Oh yea, I give them tons of credit but don't expect most of their fans to do the same when it comes to Harden and the Rockets.

Just look at their classy "flopper" chants they gave Harden last night. I wouldn't be surprised if Utah becomes the first fanbase to chant out "N*****". Nothing the commissioner can do if the whole stadium is chanting that.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, perfect

4. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

or you know, half our team was injured this season and we played the first 30 or so games with terrible offseason aquisitions?

pretty much the opposite of utah, a team we should have swept last year, who were much healthier and still finished with a worse record this year

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On a side note regarding sweeps, I think it's hard in the Western Conference especially to get sweeps. And unfortunately hard for the Rockets, I think they've had like, what 3 all time?

Nook likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Jazz have pride. They are a good team. And Gobert is probably the DPOY. He is causing real issues in the paint.

Rockets just have to adjust. Play with more force and urgency. Get on the boards. And the role players/bench knock down some shots.

CCity Zero, Nook and Roc Paint like this.
  7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Okay I know what Gobert can do defensively, but does he have any type of offensive game? He reminds me of a black Mark Eaton. But as others have said, it is very hard to sweep a team that won 50 games or more in the West. The 2 teams that got swept in Indiana and Detroit were playing short-handed (Pacers without Oladipo and Pistons with Blake Griffin on one leg). I am really concerned about Capela as he has to give a better performance than last night. But he may not be able to due to being sick - if he can't do better, start Faried and use Nene some. But this series should end Wednesday night. I am going to lose my mind if the Rockets lose Wednesday night.

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

They would have had a good chance to advance past the first round if they played any other team in the West except us or Golden State- against Denver, Portland, OKC, San Antonio or LAC.

They are a good team, sure, and they are young so with the right moves they could potentially be a very good team in the near future.
    But for now, it's our time. They don't match up well against us. They are not as talented or as deep as us. And they are a tier below us.

I'm not disappointed with the loss- it was one game in a tough road environment. But time to take care of business and put this series away on our home floor.

9. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Not until the average Harden hater gives Harden credit for what he's done this season.

gotsis likes this.
  10. MadRox

MadRox Member

MDA also to blame, we were getting destroyed on the glass in 4th. Yet he refuses to play a single big, why is Nene and Faried not getting minutes when our ultra small lineup is giving up 2-3 offensive boards to UTA every possession?

11. gotsis

gotsis Member

For people saying we should have easily swept them:

"Utah could join the 2004 Memphis Grizzlies and 2008 Denver Nuggets as just the third team since the first round went to best-of-seven to win at least 50 games during the regular season and none in the playoffs".

Only two teams in history were swept after winning 50 games.

12. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I agree. Good thread.

Just because the Rockets made them look like a bad team for the first two games doesn't mean they are a bad team. They deserve props for giving Houston a battle the past 2 games and hopefully the Rockets will come out of this series stronger because of it.

BaselineFade and clutchdabear like this.
  13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We were outcoached on that one. House and Clint were useless for the most part. Live and learn, and we will come back strong! It may be a good thing letting GSW think we are easy pickings. I hope we catch fire next series, and show those punks their glory days are over.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Utah is a good team , its tough to beat good teams 4 times in a row … harder still in a road game , in a notoriously difficult place to win and that team is up against elimination. Just have to credit them for a well played game and take care of business at home.

BaselineFade and gotsis like this.