1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(GIFs) Andrew Bogut highlights in Game 1 - WOW, DISGUSTING...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PeterKingX, Apr 17, 2016.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I saw this in a famous china basketball forum.

It really makes me sad. NBA is just a joke... :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Could someone makes a video and uploads on youtube?

2. RESINator

RESINator Member

3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

According to the rules on screens as posted in the other thread, those are all legal. ;)

Not sure about that last one, though? What the hell did Harden even do on that play except get run into? Makes no sense. That's the one where Beverley said "total BS" and the bench was up in arms. That was completely bogus.

5. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I can imagine what would happen if Dwight screens like that....

6. dream_team

dream_team Member

Sorry, not sure which thread is the "other thread". Can you post the rules and how you interpret these actions as legal? It's hard for me to believe you can set a screen on a guy and then keep moving in the defender's direction so he can't get passed you. If this is legal, I'm quite disappointed that all of the Rockets teams I've been watching since the 80s haven't been doing this as well. Extremely hard to defend.

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The "How Golden State Gets So Wide Open" thread. Also, the winky face means I was kidding. I'll be honest, though, in that I don't know how those screens are legal? They seem blatantly illegal to me...but I'm not a referee and I guess I don't understand the interpretation of the rule as written apparently. Like has been said, Dwight would have been called for every one of those and it's not even in doubt. It's like the referees weren't even watching Bogut at all on any of those plays. A lot of the time...the referees look captivated with watching Curry so closely they ignore what is going on around him.

#7 Surfguy, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  8. Velcromium

Velcromium Member

NBA=WWE

Rigged!

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

The last one, man. Makes me want to choke a betch.

Every screen was off the ball, with a lot of pin downs and movement. To be honest, we'd probably get away with some off the ball pin down moving screens too, if we ever set any or had an actual offense for that matter without the same damn predictable motion every time.

10. dje243

dje243 Member

WOW. Those are egregious. I know this isn't the reason they're such a good team but do they really need any help?

11. ptealixpaint

ptealixpaint Member

I like how draymond straight tackles guys, but dwight looks in the wrong direction and gets a flagrant.

thanks nba for making the game unwatchable.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You say that but they installed the illegal screen based offense at the start of last season and that's when they really took off as a team. They are a good team without the illegal screens but they are a great team when they get to break the rules and do things that literally no other team gets to do without a whistle.

13. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

The answer is simple. If they do it you do it 2x. If bogut is pretending to trip he need pretend no longer, run through his ass. Take the fouls. I'd rather watch them foul out everyone on the bench than lose by 30 and not. Hack the eff outta them, take the foul without a complaint and hack em again. People like to cry about the rockets set so many illegal screens they get their own low light reel, people will cry foul because it's the rockets and then the Warriors won't be able to do it anymore either.

1 person likes this.
  15. lionaire

lionaire Member

Absolutely disgusting. It's like the refs are so enamored by Curry that they ignore everything else going on.

16. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

I coach the youth league, had some discussion with refs on this because we teach a lot off-ball screens.

The general rule is both defensive & offensive players have the equal rights to any open spots on the court. So if you are a defender who sets a screen, then you can keep moving to any spot as long as you can get there before the offensive player.

However, the rule of illegal screen states this slightly differently, e.g., it says that you can move along the same direction as the offensive player's, but not get into his way. So this contracts the general rule, which states you can move into the offensive player's way, AS LONG AS you can beat him to the spot.

The refs said that we cannot move at all once set the screen on ball, but cam move anywhere as long as it's away from the ball, of course not run into someone when he already has the position.

GSW rarely gets called because they sets most of their screens away from the ball.

17. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

I never liked lower circuit refs and their stupidity/arrogance regarding the rules.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I WILL NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT MISSED FOULS OR MOVING SCREENS

Do those two cause the Rockets to lose by 30?