1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Getting Old User Name Back???

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by oakdogg, Aug 22, 2012.

1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I joined Clutchfans in like 2001 or 2000 with the really impressive user name of oakdogg. I forgot my password and couldn't retrieve it, so I created a new user ID - actually 2 - hence the V3 in OakdoggV3. Anyway, for whatever reason, I would like to get the original user name oakdogg back, so I can have the early join date (mine now is 2009). Is there anything I can do? Thanks!

BTW, I LOVE the site!!! I first viewed it to get Rockets news while going to UT in Austin back in '99!!

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

1 person likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is this you? http://bbs.clutchfans.net/member.php?u=1022

You with multiple user accounts?

[​IMG]

:p

Kidding aside, e-mail Clutch, who may or may not be able to help you retrieve your old account and/or password. No guarantees. You may be stuck with this. But e-mail Clutch, give it a try.

1 person likes this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I remember you. You're a '99er. You registered three days after Barkley's career-ending injury. Was that a coincidence?

Since you're a '99er, let's help.

Sounds like you not only forgot your password but can't reset it because you also lost access to your email to auto-reset.

So, I think what you are really asking for is the admins to reset your oakdogg password and send it to a current email address. Then you would be able to login again, and you'd stop using V3. Or actually, ask them to edit oakdogg's email address to a current one, then you can reset the password yourself.

does that sum up the situation.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

btw: how do we really know you are the '99er oakdogg versus being someone looking for squatters rights to an unused '99er account. :p

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I am oakdogg. This is the second account I made. The op was made on my 3rd account.

Edit: nvm.. date fail :eek:

#7 RedNation, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Imagine having tinmanV3!

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You showed loved for the heroes in the trade thread, the heroes of clutch city

it's in the 99er DNA

Clutch should give you back your 99er status.

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I am Oakdogg. I started following the Pacers once the Rockets got bad and the Pacers became good. Then the Suns. Now I'm back.

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I am oakdogg, v3 is trying to squat on my 99er status...

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

sigh. another pretender trying to steal my account.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

14. Granville

Granville Member

LOL at the GIF.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I remember the handle, oakdogg actually. Try emailing mods other than Clutch, that's how I got a problem resolved in the past.

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Shame if the 99er status on a website is that important to your confidence.

17. oakdogg

Wow, that's a trip. Yeah, I was a Clutchfans junkee back then. It's no surprise that was what my first thread was about, because at the time I loved the idea of getting a stud at PF (the West was full of them back then - McDyess, Wallace, Garnett, etc.) to pair up with Francis. It would have been a dream come true for me if we somehow had been able to draft Stromile Swift - I thought he was can't miss. I also believe I recall heypartner talking up one young PF from the Clippers named Mo Taylor. When we actually signed him, I thought it was on - I thought our team was complete........well, maybe not. :(

Thanks for the suggestions everybody. Appreciate the support. I will follow your advice.

18. oakdogg

Yeah, it actually is a coincidence. Like I said, I started visiting the site the year before when we had Pippen (whom I still hate). After a while, started reading the BBS. And then finally, I actually joined, but I don't believe it had anything to do with Barkley's injury necessarily. Man, can't believe that was over 12 years ago - seems like last month!

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

are we going to see an account named DDv3? :confused:

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

This is exactly why I use the same password for all emails, forums, windows accounts.