1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Off Cato's Back

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ElGrandeQueso, May 29, 2001.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

You are trying to evolve this discussion on a higher level in that the Rockets did something wrong by giving a sweet contract to Cato. I will follow your lead in arguing this matter.

1. Cato was not given this contract. The contract could not go into force until the NBA office is notified that Cato is in agreement and has signed it. So it is a contract instead of the gift that you keep implying it is.

2. There are perhaps some implied milestones and goals for Cato to achieve in fulfilling his part of the contract. He does not appear to be making a serious effort to accomplishing those implied goals and that is why most on this BBS have such a low opinion of KC.

3. The anticipated comeback from you is that the Rockets should have known better than to do the deal. The Rockets are keeping their part of the contract and we could only wish that Cato would make more effort in fulfilling the implied terms of his part.

4. The Rockets' fault is that they took Cato and his agents's word that Cato would make a solid effort in justifying his contract.

'Tis a shame that the Rockets get blamed because Cato didn't keep his word.

Mango

------------------
    Get it right or just don't do it!
    Resistance is futile....you will be assimilated.
    Start more Webber threads!

2. Live

Live Member

OH BOY, ya'll can't be serious, starting a thread defending Kelly Cato!

THE DUDE SUCKS!!

Actually, I think Kelly's going to be on this new TV show debuting this fall, I think it's called...

THE INVISIBLE MAN.

------------------

3. Houstone

Houstone Member

Do ya'll know what Kelvin is doing this offseason to improve his game, hopefully his doing something at least jerking off.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I agree for the most part with Queso. Most fans are mad at Cato because of his contract. They think he has potential, when in fact he's just tall and can jump. Well, the Rockets gave him that contract. They most likely wouldn't have been the only team to do it either. Before you question his "effort", look at history. Is his "effort" any different than it has been his entire career? I suspect not--you can reference an article Clutch did about it. It's not like this came about just after he signed the contract. So what we have is people complaining about a guy who they think doesn't try, when in fact this information was available to the Rockets when they made the decision to sign him. At his present performance, I wish he wasn't on the team, but it's tough to argue that the Rockets didn't get what they deserved.

5. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I think his work ethic, or lack thereof, has been masked in his short NBA career. Cato was a bit of an enigma in Portland. He got few minutes, and he was probably an intriguing gamble in the Rockets eyes. I don't think it was widely known that he had issues in this area. I doubt Portland brass gave up the information in the trade talks.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

6. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

The Freak has spoken. Read above.

------------------
    Mmm Queso.

7. ElGrandeQueso

ElGrandeQueso Member

The Freak has spoken. Read above.

------------------
    Mmm Queso.

8. Houstone

Houstone Member

OH BOY, ya'll can't be serious, starting a thread defending Kelly Cato!

Kelly Cato is my girlfriends name so back off.

9. rocketdude

rocketdude Contributing Member

man cato is so bad that he will retire and still have potenial.

------------------