1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Iman Shumpert off the court.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't seen the last few games but trust what @Will and others are saying - although it is very surprising that a veteran of his stature would be this bad - but the box scores don't lie - while his shooting isn't as horrendous as it was a few months ago, he doesn't seem to be doing anything else out there in his minutes on the floor.

I don't have a problem with him getting PT if we are blowing teams out. I also thought green was out of the rotation because of an injury.

2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The problem is Daryl Morey is always hard headed, especially playing bad Small Forwards continually until fans step in and boo the player, fans call in radio station, complain on Clutchfans to get it across Daryl, to make a change.

Gerald Green should play over Iman Shumpert, Iman surgery on his injured knee, literally lost his explosiveness on defense. Gerald Green should play around 8 - 12 minutes at least. Gerald is coming off a injury, he needs playing time right now. I trust Gerald 3 point shot more than Iman, Iman gas a very weak 3 pointer, Gerald has a better rotation, spiral, aim on his 3 pointers, he needs playing time.

3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The problem is Daryl Morey is always hard headed, especially playing bad Small Forwards continually until fans step in and boo the player, fans call in radio station, complain on Clutchfans to get it across Daryl, to make a change.

Gerald Green should play over Iman Shumpert, Iman surgery on his injured knee, literally lost his explosiveness on defense. Gerald Green should play around 8 - 12 minutes at least. Gerald is coming off a injury, he needs playing time right now.

4. farhen

farhen Member

Shumpert D over Greenlight

5. jowman

jowman Member

Not sure why fans are surprised by this. Shumpert was part of one of the worst benches in the league for the past few years on the Cavs. The moment he came into games was when the opposing team would go on a run. He played better on the Kings, but lets be real even expecting him to be a servicible role player is a bit of a stretch. He doesn't bring one above average skill to the table and is a poor shooter with poor shot selection.

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Practicing against James Harden would make any great defender question their defensive abilities and thus make them lose their mojo. He'll get back his mojo when it's time.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

House should be our official 6th man, Shump should not even be with the team. The funny thing is out of any LBJ non star side kick I would have prefered J.R. Smith.

8. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My gawd Lin use to drive me crazy with his toe on the line stupid shots ! I remember him losing a game that way once

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I dunno if this has already been said . But , dude ! We won by 40

10. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I think Shump's activity will be good off the bench. He seems to be okay when I'm watching the games. I have not seen his recent numbers though.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

How quickly people forget about Green, what a bunch of ****ing fans you guys are! His defense was solid against GSW in the playoffs last year and he can get hot, but coach like you have not kept the faith.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't worry, Shumpert will never make it into the 6-man playoffs rotation.

13. basketballholic

Then get him out of here and go get a 6'8"+ guy that can shoot and switch.

slothy420 likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Gary Clark?

15. basketballholic

Ha...

SHOOT..... and switch.

Hey..... if we released Shump... we could keep Clark and get another guy.

Props durvasa.

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not ideal, but may be best option we have at this point to fill that role.

17. basketballholic

That's true. But not good enough. We need another guy. I don't want to see the whole season come down to Clark clanking 3's for us against the Warriors because we've been forced to sit CC/Faried/Nene down.

18. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

I wouldn't the guy was a true role player with the cavs and has alway shot lights out close to 40% mark from threes, even though in the regular season his number has been crap. He has played in over 60 play off games, they wouldn't keep playing him if he wasn't adding value

biff17 and durvasa like this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe we get playoff Shump? That would be a pleasant surprise. I didn’t know he shot the ball that well in the playoffs.

20. AB423

AB423 Member

New nickname is gonna be Clutchpert