1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get Iman Shumpert off the court.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Apr 7, 2019.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

We've given him enough time to get some familiarity with the system and improve. Instead, he has regressed. He's a bad shooter. He's a bad rebounder. He's erratic with the ball. He's clumsy on the boards. He fouls people unnecessarily and sometimes comically. His defensive footwork, which initially looked good, has deteriorated. He got hosed repeatedly tonight, by the Phoenix Freaking Suns.

He makes bad decisions on both ends of the court. His rotations are fatally slow, both mentally and physically. If you watch him the whole time, even when the ball is elsewhere, you'll see how confused he is much of the time. On defense, by the time he realizes where he should have been, we've given up a basket. At his level of experience, there's no excuse for this.

Hey, Mike D'Antoni. You want to shorten your rotation for the playoffs? Start with this guy. There's literally nothing he does on the court that 3 or 4 other guys on the roster don't do better.

roxallways, Louka, Realjad and 38 others like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yup
    DD

bro2044 likes this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

GG and House need to be over him at all times. and when GG is acting stupid then play rivers

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The thought of playing him made MDA sick, so Bzdelik stepped him to finish the season.

RyanB and apollo33 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

He sucks.
    Wasted pick.
    Good riddance to this scrub in the offseason.

[​IMG]

roxallways, SamFisher, AB423 and 11 others like this.
  6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

House should snag 35+ MPG this postseason.

Then Rivers/Faried/Nene splitting minutes.

Green and Shumpert shouldn’t see the floor.

7. icewill36

icewill36 Member

if i see this dude take one more long ass two one foot inside the 3pt line im going to lose it. there are only a handful guys in the league thats a good shot for, he AINT ONE OF THEM!

bench him

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am bewildered by how lost he looks despite being a veteran.

Yes he has lost his step defensively but just look at his movements and his positioning. He always seem to be scrambling aimlessly.

He isnt a rookie but he is playing like one.

And once again I ask, what makes him so special to be given the green light to shoot long contested two pointers off of dribble, when everyone else is bared from attempting those??

Did he not get the memo or is he slow to digest that as well?

dcfma, chadyang, Richie_Rich and 6 others like this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree completely. But I give D'Antoni credit for playing him enough to give him a chance to find a rhythm. Since he didn't, we don't have a loud section of fans demanding that he be put into the rotation.

D'Antoni has been doing a good job of giving different bench guys different roles over the last dozen games, including reducing Faried and Rivers a couple of times. In the playoffs, we know he'll tighten it down.

Invisible Fan, Gray_Jay and RyanB like this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I really don't understand how he's getting so much playing time. It's weird. He even shoots an abnormally high number of pull-up 2s, like he's been given the green light to do that.

11. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't think he should be on the playoffs roster. Can they do that?

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hopefully they joe Johnson him when the playoffs start.

Down in the dumps shump ain’t got it

Patience and today like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Williamson

Williamson likes this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I expected more from Shumpert but maybe he just joined the team too late, or maybe he's just not as good as i thought (which wasn't much but eh). As today i don't think he should play over Gerald.

With that said, i'm curious to see if we'll resign him to a short but big contract this summer in order to have an expiring to trade, after the game against the Knicks they still talked well about him like "and they have a deep bench with good players like Shumpert bla bla", winning a chip gives you a good rep afterall.

mikol13 likes this.
  15. today

today Contributing Member

PREACH ON!!!

I've been frustrated over the past few games that Green hasn't been getting any minutes while Shumpert is getting plenty. I have noticed 3 or 4 times Gerald getting down on himself when he misses a shot during garbage time and he doesn't seem his normal energetic self. I sure hope he hasn't already been told that Shumpert is ahead of him in the rotation and he's not going to get any minutes in the playoffs.

The optimist in me says that they were giving Shump one last chance (and he obviously failed), so I'm crossing my fingers that we'll get to see our hometown boy in the playoffs.

dcfma likes this.
  16. Newlin

Newlin Member

Relax. He hasn't played any minutes in the playoffs yet, and he may not play any at all. Our bench minutes will go to Faried, House, and Rivers for sure. The ninth man, if we play a ninth man, will be Green or Shumpert.

I think the Rockets were hoping Shumpert would be a good defensive alternative to Green. It hasn't really clicked, but I don't blame the Rockets for trying to make it work.

Honestly, I think the first two series should be pretty easy, So, MDA should have plenty of time to figure things out.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Saying he's been a disappointment would be a colossal understatement. He truly looks lost and he seems to know that he doesn't fit. Anyone else notice the look on his face in the 4th quarter of the Knicks game while he was sitting on the bench? When he was pretty much the only player not on the court or in the locker room? Shump looked like he had just found out that his dog had died. It's weird. What happened to him? Saying Shump has been in a slump doesn't seem like an adequate description of just how bad he has been.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I WILL FIGHT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU. MEET ME IN TEMECULA!

Deckard, seclusion, glenadyll and 4 others like this.
  19. biff17

biff17 Member

I don't agree with this sentiment at all, I think he has been playing better and I have pleasantly surprised by his playmaking.

He deserves to be in the playoff rotation over Green at this point IMO.H

But he should only be playing about 10 to 15 minutes.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No moe Chumpert!
    No moe Chumpert!
    No moe Chumpert!

Go Rockets !!!