1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

george williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YaoMing#1, Jul 8, 2002.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

do any of u now if he is going to play with any teams sumer team

i no wrong forum:(

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

I think the Milwaukee Bucks offered him a roster spot for the summer league.

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

After his freshman year, I thought he was going to be a lottery pick. Goes to show how important scoring is.

4. ESource

ESource Member

George Williams is a good example of the type of player(s) that needed to maximize their opportunity in college instead of coming out early! With so many teams now looking at foreign players who can contribute right away or who will play overseas 1-2 years for seasoning(no salary cap space taken up or guaranteed money given out), there will be lots of American players who will lose out on NBA jobs who would normally have gotten it if not for the "new" influx of foreign players. Stay in school unless you're sure you'll be a 1st round pick(guaranteed $$$) or you could be working at a Wal-Mart near you.....(not that there's anything wrong with that of course!)

5. Stevie Francis

WHO IN THE BLUE HELL IS GEORGE WILLIAMS???:confused: :confused: :confused:

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I agree that George Willams should have stayed at UH for at least another year.

7. ESource

ESource Member

Dude, you're from H-Town but you really haven't heard anything about him? He was a hot prospect(top 25 nationwide) from Elkins High who went to UofH. He plays forward(6-7/6-8) but didn't really distinguished himself in college. Anyways, he comes out early for this past draft and wasn't even drafted! Needless to say, it was a bad move on his part...don't really know what he's going to do now...

8. ESource

ESource Member

Have you heard any scuttlebutt as to why he came out this year? He wasn't highly rated at all and I'm sure that was told to him in the Chicago Pre-Draft Camps. I'm just wondering if there's more to his reason for coming out other than his belief that "I know I can play at this level right now." Just seems so strange..... :(

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Maybe he thought his stock would rise while playing overseas, rather than staying at UH. Don't be suprised if Denver gives him a hard look this off season. You know Clyde recruited him to play at UH.

10. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

Since his freshman years seems like has not grown an inch and seems to be really undersized for his skillset. if the dude was 6'10/11", he would get some serious looks, but right now he is a "tweener"

he has to be do a growth spurt soon!!!

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Yao Ming #1 There were four errors in your post.

12. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

nice...:rolleyes:

13. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

Now I do not know for sure ( and I have nothing against the guy either)but I heard some rumors about chemistry problems between GWill and the Coogs players. I have no facts except some scuttlebutt from some friends at U of H.

Anybody else heard about this?:confused:

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Supposedly, Williams could not return to UH. Undisclosed reasons. The guy is simply not good enough to play in the NBA, much like Alton Ford.

15. tozai

tozai Member

You're right except the Suns resigned Alton...

16. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

This is a guy who loves u of h. The has the mascot tatooed on his freakin' arm for goodness sakes. I don't think it was his decision to leave early. I heard rumors that he just stopped going to class. Had some grades problems or something like that.

17. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

That is what I heard also.

18. rocketlaunch

rocketlaunch Contributing Member

from what ive been told it was more then grade problems. He isnt 6'7 he measured out at 6'5" and at camps the nba wanted him to play 2 guard and he really isnt a shooter.

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I was in Dallas this past weekend. Met some lady who claimed she was George Williams agent. She was making a ready a gift bag of dollar items.

20. Old School

Old School Member

No pictures??

os